#21 Kyriverbanks

Kyriverbanks

FNG

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Bike: 2011 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:35 AM

I moved to BG about 6 years ago with work. Lived previously in Richmond ky. I also belong to COG but was not able to attend any rides. I have done a bun burner and BB gold. My wife rides with me some. You know....I don't think I ever saw a concours around BG. Sport touring machines do not seem that popular. I just don understand it. Seems to be the best but I guess everyone feels that way about their ride. BTW, the great thing about living in richmond ky was I could make it to Deals gap and cheroholla skyway in one day. What part of ga are you in now? At any rate.... That is my short story. Not much more to it than that.

#22 moto2wheelin

moto2wheelin

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

I moved to BG about 6 years ago with work. Lived previously in Richmond ky. I also belong to COG but was not able to attend any rides. I have done a bun burner and BB gold. My wife rides with me some. You know....I don't think I ever saw a concours around BG. Sport touring machines do not seem that popular. I just don understand it. Seems to be the best but I guess everyone feels that way about their ride. BTW, the great thing about living in richmond ky was I could make it to Deals gap and cheroholla skyway in one day. What part of ga are you in now? At any rate.... That is my short story. Not much more to it than that.

Probably around 2000 and for the next few years there was probably between 5-10 concours around the B.G. area, we rode together pretty regular. We should be back in Stanton, KY in August for another COG weekend ride, look us up. There will be at least 3 of us now on FJR's! Myself nor most anyone that I ride with doesn't care what type of bike you ride, just ride! I am in Carrollton, GA now. For how long, who knows... Look forward to meeting you.

#23 biknflyfisher

biknflyfisher

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

BG is my kind of town - it's where Corvette's are built,,,,,
I asked for a drink, and you gave me water. I asked for food, you gave me bread. I asked for a better bike, you gave me the FJR1300.
Ancient Swedish Proverb

#24 Lextrane

Lextrane

FNG

• Members+
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

I have a 2007 that I purchased new. I live in Lexington and would like to meet up and do some local rides.

#25 FJR_Mikey

FJR_Mikey

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:26 AM

Congrats!!