FJR Manly Men Are Riding The Devil's Highway '666'!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually AJ, I am trying to be nice to SkootyG since he is going the help me this afternoon mount the Ilium Engine Guards to my BMW K1600GT.

Also, I still have not installed the SENA Headsets into our helmets yet and he is going to help his Bastard Papa Chuy Viejo with that project too!
I don't know anything about some sissy BMW engine guards, but I do know that Sena set up is so easy even an idiot like Skooter a cave man could do it.

Don, looks like you are hustling home from Big Sur and riding this the following week. :yahoo:

When did you get the big behemoth BMW bike back?

Don, looks like you are hustling home from Big Sur and riding this the following week. :yahoo:

Hi Tom, mein Gisele has been back 3 weeks now! Man oh Man I missed meine Schones Deutsche Fraulein, she's damn sweet to ride! Almost as nice to ride as this one:

gisele.jpg

Actually AJ, I am trying to be nice to SkootyG since he is going the help me this afternoon mount the Ilium Engine Guards to my BMW K1600GT.

Also, I still have not installed the SENA Headsets into our helmets yet and he is going to help his Bastard Papa Chuy Viejo with that project too!
I don't know anything about some sissy BMW engine guards, but I do know that Sena set up is so easy even an idiot like Skooter a cave man could do it.
SkootyG and I just looked at this post together, he said the "Local Fuzz" are just the dumbasses that don't get picked for the NM State Patrol or DPS!

Hey AJ, will my Sena set up communicate with those You and Patch are running? Or did I have to buy them with your same frequency from Cougar?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Tom, mein Gisele has been back 3 weeks now! Man oh Man I missed meine Schones Deutsche Fraulein, she's so damn sweet to ride! Almost as nice to ride as this one:

gisele.jpg

SkootyG and I just looked at this post together, he said the "Local Fuzz" are just the dumbasses that don't get picked for the State Patrols or DPS!

Hey AJ, will my Sena set up communicate with those You and Patch are running? Or did I have to buy them with your same frequency from Cougar?
Two things...Skooter is right. For once in his life.

Your Sena will connect with ours. Just make sure when you and Patch are singing lullabies to each other you leave me out of it. :unsure:

Hi Tom, mein Gisele has been back 3 weeks now! Man oh Man I missed meine Schones Deutsche Fraulein, she's so damn sweet to ride! Almost as nice to ride as this one:

gisele.jpg

SkootyG and I just looked at this post together, he said the "Local Fuzz" are just the dumbasses that don't get picked for the State Patrols or DPS!

Two things...Skooter is right. For once in his life.

Your Sena will connect with ours. Just make sure when you and Patch are singing lullabies to each other you leave me out of it. :unsure:
Just sent Patch lyrics to our 3 top favorite Justin Bieber songs: One Time, One Less Lonely Girl and Favorite Girl. We're going to memorize them and sing them to You!

If you guys are gonna ride 666, I'll go. Hell, maybe I'll drag that pussy Patch along with me. A 2 day trip is pretty doable.
Well now, knowing that mi bueno Amigo Patch wants to come ride 666 I am organizing the Ride! We are doing a two day 666 ride over Monday April 23 and Tuesday April 24? We Phoenicians will depart the Valley of the Blast Furnace from the Goldfield Road Chevron service station at 1000 hours on 4/23. We will tag up with tus Nuevo Mexicanos at 1300 hours at the three-way intersection of AZ Highways 191, 75 and 78. Ride North to Alpine and spend the night, with our Dinner at the ever delicious Bear Wallow Cafe. Next day ride 666 Southbound and part company at the three-way. Mis Hombres, this is now the plan! https://www.alpinearizona.com/directory/lodging/lodges-motels/sportsmans-lodge/

If you Zonie Locos need any additional information on the 666 Ride, contact tu Papa Chuy Viejo at either [email protected] or Cell #: 480-440-4666.

For you Los Nuevo Mexicanos, coordinate your Albuquerque departure time and location with AJ; send a Private Message to HotRodZilla @ FJR Forum.
Could you be more specific on the Chevron station location? I'm still challenged in going farther than Tempe...though I have been to Florence once! I'm looking at Google Maps to figure out the route...I won't know if I can do this one yet, as I'm supposed to go to Cali on either the 24th or 25th...

BUMP REMINDER!

Three weeks from today we FJR Forum Manly Men, including Valiant FJR Woman Eileen-JetGrl, will be tackling The Devil's Highway 666.

Be There or Be Square! SissyBoys such as Carver and Wheatie should just stay on the porch for this one, For The Big FJR Dogs Only!!!

Ok...Got coordinated with Patch. We're gonna leave here around 0630 the morning of the 23rd, just to be sure we don't leave you guys waiting.

I'll call and get reservations made. Should be a blast. No idea what time we'll be back here on Tuesday night, but some time...
Here is the info on The Sportsman's Lodge:

Sportsman’s Lodge

Bordered on three sides by pastures, the Sportsman’s is easy to find and access. Want a country vacation? Suites with kitchens are more like cabins than motel rooms and your 5th night is FREE. All rooms have satellite TV and complimentary coffee. A non-smoking motel with prices ranging from $65 to $100 per night.

ADDRESS: PO Box 778, Alpine, AZ 85920

PHONE: 1-877-560-7626 (Toll-Free)

OWNER: Frank Barnes

EMAIL: [email protected]

sportsmans-lodge.jpg
Deb and I stayed here a few years ago, nice rustic little place. Owners were great! AND, we ate at the Bear Wallow cafe! Ahhhhh - memories :) Looks like ya'll will have fun.

Ok...Got coordinated with Patch. We're gonna leave here around 0630 the morning of the 23rd, just to be sure we don't leave you guys waiting.

I'll call and get reservations made. Should be a blast. No idea what time we'll be back here on Tuesday night, but some time...
Here is the info on The Sportsman's Lodge:

Sportsman’s Lodge

Bordered on three sides by pastures, the Sportsman’s is easy to find and access. Want a country vacation? Suites with kitchens are more like cabins than motel rooms and your 5th night is FREE. All rooms have satellite TV and complimentary coffee. A non-smoking motel with prices ranging from $65 to $100 per night.

ADDRESS: PO Box 778, Alpine, AZ 85920

PHONE: 1-877-560-7626 (Toll-Free)

OWNER: Frank Barnes

EMAIL: [email protected]

sportsmans-lodge.jpg
Deb and I stayed here a few years ago, nice rustic little place. Owners were great! AND, we ate at the Bear Wallow cafe! Ahhhhh - memories :) Looks like ya'll will have fun.
Hello Roger and Deb, Staying at the Sportsman's Lodge and eating at The Bear Wallow Cafe have been a favorite of AZ Beemers for many years now!

Only fly in the ointment is that HotRodZilla is going on this '666' Devil's Highway Ride. Oh well, at least AJ's Brother Patch is a really nice BMW Guy!

schreck-1.jpg

Holy shit...Do you K1600 dorks have your own club or what??
Thats a good group. I can't wait. Have I said that yet??
Check this out HRZ Dude: 48 cylinders in a row. We had a ride up to Dean Lear's Motorcycle Barn and B&B outside of Show Low' date=' AZ yesterday and all eight of AZ Beemers Club K16's were there!

[img']https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg65/bbolesaz/Deans%20Place/P1020661.jpg[/img]
Who drove the "chase truck" for when one of you dipshits broke down? :p

Holy shit...Do you K1600 dorks have your own club or what??
Thats a good group. I can't wait. Have I said that yet??
Check this out HRZ Dude: 48 cylinders in a row. We had a ride up to Dean Lear's Motorcycle Barn and B&B outside of Show Low' date=' AZ yesterday and all eight of AZ Beemers Club K16's were there!

[img']https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg65/bbolesaz/Deans%20Place/P1020661.jpg[/img]
Take that back HRZ, our FJR Forum Admin Galaxy Blue Adam is not a dipshit!

HRZbeanie.jpg

Photograph is Courtesy of TomInCA!

HRZbeanie.jpg

No...The Photoshop is courtesy of Tom. The original was taken by Loki while I laughed my ass off.

And, just to clear things up: Galaxy Blue is a dipshit. I have a thousand mile round trip to Kingman, with a busted FJR on a trailer, to prove it.

He's lucky I like him so much! He may be a dipshit, but he's a good friend!

HRZbeanie.jpg

No...The Photoshop is courtesy of Tom. The original was taken by Loki while I laughed my ass off.

And, just to clear things up: Galaxy Blue is a dipshit. I have a thousand mile round trip to Kingman, with a busted FJR on a trailer, to prove it.

He's lucky I like him so much! He may be a dipshit, but he's a good friend!
Point well taken, original photo was taken by Sin Loki! Speaking of Loki, has anybody heard from him lately? https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showuser=14494 Wow, Daniel has not posted in awhile!

Silver-City-Option-L.jpg

HotRodZilla is such a Giant Dork he usually gets lost in his own bathroom, so here's a nice map; Courtesy of RL Lemke of https://www.k1600forum.com, showing our 2-day riding routes.

Ha ha! One of those German Turds in the photo did NOT leave that place!

It was brand spanking new! On it's first trip with temporary tag and everything. And spewing fuel!

They put it on the lift, took panels off, but couldn't quite figure out where the fuel was spurting from whenever the fuel pump was running.

Quality German engineering and manufacturing there!

Ha ha! One of those German Turds in the photo did leave that place!

It was brand spanking new! On it's first trip with temporary tag and everything. And spewing fuel!

They put it on the lift, took panels off, but couldn't quite figure out where the fuel was spurting from whenever the fuel pump was running.

Quality German engineering and manufacturing there!
Haha...That's why one should NEVER buy any first year production vehicle. I don't care how much it has been "tested" or "proven," until it has spent time in the real world with real drivers/riders, the problems with them just don't pop up. Honestly, who'd have thought Don's bike would sit at a dealership waiting for a $40 reservior that doesn't exist yet?

I may talk shit, but my next bike is gonna be a Beemer...Just not a first production year version of anything. I rode my buddy's F800GS on Saturday, and I am in frigging love.

Gas Leak Update. I took the bike into Iron Horse BMW in Tucson this morning. They are closed Sunday and Monday. They got right on it and were obviously concerned that I had encountered a problem. JD said he would call me and he did but I missed the call. Fortunately he left me a detailed message. Bottom line is they discovered that a clip had never been installed between the fuel rail and one of the injectors which caused the rather significant leak. In fact, there were six, yes 6, missing clips. They have never seen this before and hope to never see it again. They have clips and are replacing the O rings just to be sure I have no further problems. The bad news for everyone else is that they did some rather significant disassembly before they could locate the problem. They will be taking plenty of pictures and making all the appropriate notifications to BMW. I would think this will lead to some sort of recall, if only for the VINs close to mine. They should be able to determine exactly when mine was assembled and who had that responsibility that day and check their other work. Iron Horse BMW has pledged to make everything right for me and I couldn't be happier with my experience with them. I'll post again if I have any further useful updates.
Poor Tony, he called me last night and gave me all of the sordid details. I asked him to post everything about this incident up on the AZ Beemers Club Forum, so the rest of we K1600 Owners can get this specifically checked out at our next warranty service. Ach du Lieber! Was Machts? Schiessen!!!

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

BUMP REMINDER!

2 weeks from today we Southwest FJR Forumites are riding The Devil's Highway '666' for an overnight trip. For you poor pathetic sad schmucks who have to work, His Excellence Pope Don says:

PopeDon-1.jpg