IA to CA: A YFO ride report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This right here is my favorite part of your RR, Craig, and what I wished for folks to experience when they came here... I'm glad that wish came true for you. Your dad was a good teacher.

Then I put the camera away, and opened my mind to the beauty in front of me. Indescribable. As a kid in junior high and high school, our family took annual vacations in the car. The first was two weeks to British Columbia, and included my first views of the Rocky Mountains, and the western coastline. '75 was the east coast and DC, just before the Bicentennial. Another year was the canyon country of the southwest. They are highlights of my youth. Invaluable gifts my father gave us, by showing us the amazing beauty and wondrous landscapes beyond our backyard. Without saying as much, he showed me that all you had to do was go. He planted in me the love of travel, and appreciation for the miracles found in God's creation. And he was with me there in Yosemite as I shed tears, silently thanking him for that gift.