#1 FJRay

FJRay

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

After leaving the house this AM with the temp at 27 degrees I found my jacket wasn't working. It seems with age and use a wire broke close to the end of the portable controller cable where it plugs into the jacket.
Have any of you smart folks (not smart asses Bust) changed an end on the cable and if so where did you get the part?????
03 FJR1300
03 GL1800 "The Prom Queen"
Sarcasm is just one more service we offer !!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
IBA#33731

#2 allrider

allrider

eat, sleep, ride, repeat

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Check with Gerbings. I've heard that they are pretty good about fixing their products.
1993 GTS
2003 FJR
2007 FJR AE
Next: Gen III 2014 FJRR

#3 J Paul

J Paul

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I just had the right glove plug on my jacket stop working as a wire broke at the molding on the plug-I guess to many times bending it installing the glove end. I had a spare Y harness from buying my gear and used 1 of it's plugs to repair it. To prevent another problem I used heat shrink tubing to lock the wire to the plug. Jeff

IBA#54496

#4 FJRay

FJRay

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I found some pieces and seem to have it fixed. Gerbing said it was to old and was out of warranty.
03 FJR1300
03 GL1800 "The Prom Queen"
Sarcasm is just one more service we offer !!
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. This poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.
IBA#33731

#5 Eric L

Eric L

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Bike: 2014A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

I just had the right glove plug on my jacket stop working as a wire broke at the molding on the plug-I guess to many times bending it installing the glove end. I had a spare Y harness from buying my gear and used 1 of it's plugs to repair it. To prevent another problem I used heat shrink tubing to lock the wire to the plug. Jeff

This is what I did too - ripped the original right off the wire.

-- it's hard to tell where the bike stops and the farkles begin --

Eric