05 Fairing Removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hi Gang

I removed my fairing yesterday to see if I could do it without any issues and basically it was straight forward just don't forget the 1/4 turn black plugs on the inside of the fairing, up near the horns. Left side has two right has one. Anyway as I was putting it back together and I cross threaded one of the frame bolts and stripped the hex head but not to worry I have some tools to get it out with out too much of a fuss replacement bolt $9.15 AUD!!!. Just a note of warning with these suckers if the are not started right which you may think they have, can end up being little pricks to get in. the other three went in ok.

Cheers

How the hell did ya manage that? Every bolt I install gets 3 turns minimum start by finger. If it won't, I find out why. This has kept me from a cross thread strip for over thirty years. And no, not that kinda strip, sickos... :p

as I was putting it back together and I cross threaded one of the frame bolts and stripped the hex head
Try before putting on any bolt by setting it up, go counter clock wise to get the bolt line up and slowly turn clock wise to tighten, if it is hard from the start, back off and try again, check the bolt, maybe you have something that was on it before or it could have been slightly stripped before from the dealer.