• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

06 FJR AE $5,800 or best offer - 24K miles - lots of goodies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROBSMST

Reaction score
Bike is located in San Jose, CA - It is Cerulean Silver in color and has two matching trunks (Yamaha and Aftermarket) along with heated Russel Day Long seats (rider and passenger)

I am the 2nd owner and have had it since it had 2K miles on it. The first owner bought it to develop motorcycle parts for it and sold it to me once he was done testing the parts (risers, peg lowerers, etc).

Bike Highlights and what it includes:

24K miles on it

Rider and Passenger Heated Day Long Seats (with heat those are a $900 add on)

2 Trunks - Stock Yamaha FJR trunk which comes off and on and 5 seconds, Harley style trunk (which my wife says is more comfortable) with FJR base plate that comes off and on with 4 bolts (2 minutes)

2 Windshields (stock and extra large Cal-Sci)

Spark Plug Change at 23K

Oil change (always with Amsoil) at 23K

Differential (it's shaft driven) at 23K

AE model - Manual transmission with electronic shift, there is no clutch lever. It is not an automatic. You have to shift via normal foot shifter or via left hand trigger as in a high end sports car. Shifts faster than a person can.

Heated Grips

Windshield can be moved up and down for desired position with button on left hand controls

Powerlet in front for rider heated clothing and other accessories

Powerlet in back for passenger heated clothing and other accessories

Cig Lighter in glove box (box locks electronically when bike is off)

Air/Fuel Chip

Soft FJR 1300 luggage for hard bags

Throttle Lock

Bar Risers (for more comfortable riding position)

Peg Lowerers (not installed)

Guardian Helmet Lock (keyed to Bike Key)

2 Ram Mount mounting points

Other info:

Tires have about 2K miles left on them

Original owner dropped it in his driveway on its left side (scratched the left mirror, engine cover and left saddle bag). It is hardly noticeable, in 5 years/20,000 miles of ownership only one person noticed it and he did so because he dropped his FJR and the same places were scratched.

Why I am selling:

If I was only going to own one bike this would be it. It does everything really well! But I own more than one and another is coming in the garage so I need the room.

Offers:

All reasonable offers will be considered. If you want to make an offer on one or both of the trunks or on a shield, peg lowerers/extenders, bag liners, I will consider it. If you have a car you want to trade I will consider that too. I need the room in the garage. But that said, my loving wife said she is cool parking her car outside for the winter if it means waiting for a fair deal. Not trying to recoup anything (riding the bike I more than got my $ worth on the bike and all the extras). If you get an awesome deal, I would be happy for you. Like I said, looking for room in the garage and for a fair deal.

Let me know if you have questions.

not a tease, I need to make room in the garage. Can't have 3 bikes when the daughter needs her first car, etc. Also winter coming, wife wants to park her car in the garage again even though we really don't get winter here in California. she says she is okay parking it in driveway but we all know what they say and mean are too different things and either can be held against you at a future time