1 dead, 2 critical in SR 410 crash near Greenwater, WA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your friend comes out ok, the road back home can be a long one.

I learned about this last night when I stopped by the tavern for beer after rushing home from Oregon and needing to get back to rescue my abandoned bike. Really sad to learn this.

Dave introduced me to Bruce some time ago, he's a quieter guy who was a Boeing engineer for many years before and recently retired. I didn't know he was a big Harley fan and road lots with his pals. I'll let Dave fill in any details if he chooses, but Bruce was hurt catastrophically, and it saddens me to think of what he's going through.

Puts things in perspective to hear about crashes like this, especially when it is someone you know. Prayers to Bruce and his family, and the family of his friend who died. Dave, let me know if you hear of any fundraisers or such.

Last edited by a moderator:
What, really, can one say after hearing of such tragedy?

Like others have already said, sending best karma to Bruce and family, Pops too.

Bruce was hurt catastrophically.
I'm sorry to see this post and that your friend was hurt, Dave... but I do want to remind you that miracles can happen even in catastrophic events like this and I will focus my energy toward him for that outcome. You know I speak from experience. Big hugs to you too... let us know if there is anything we can do.

May Bruce heal quickly.

Prayers to all involved.

As said previously, I too cherish every opportunity to be on two wheels.

Be safe out there.

Damn, that sucks. Hope Bruce recovers soon and so does the driver. Thoughts and support to the families of all three of them.

Been sitting with Bruce the last days. He lost his left arm above the elbow and left leg below the knee. He has had three more operations and will be recovering for some time to come but the outlook is good and so are his spirits. He has a long row to hoe. But he is up for it.

He asked me to tell everyone Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.

Been sitting with Bruce the last days. He lost his left arm above the elbow and left leg below the knee. He has had three more operations and will be recovering for some time to come but the outlook is good and so are his spirits. He has a long row to hoe. But he is up for it.He asked me to tell everyone Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.
I like the words, "but he is up for it."

Sounds like he's up for the fight. Godspeed Bruce!

The crash on SR 410 took one life and forever changed another. My friend lost his left arm and his lower left leg. After weeks of touch and go he has been released from Harbor View and is in a nursing home for the next month or so then they will start working on fitting him with new limbs.

Things are looking up but it is still a long road to go.

The family wants to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts.

Ride safe everyone.

RoadTrip

Best wishes for your friend, as his road will be long, but better traveled with those that care

No one better suited to sit and encourage someone thru this Leo, you have been there. Your a good man and thanks for standing up.