1000cc V5 VFR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UFO

Reaction score
Time to revisit fall rumors.
popcorn.gif

https://issuu.com/motorcyclenews/docs/mcnsampler060808

Oh, sure... Stir the shit up, Skipper. :lol:

If true, I'm shedding a tear. Push button tranny? No thanks, I'll pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it is true. Never did part with my 99vfr even when the 05 FJR arrived in the garage.

my feelings have always been that Honda has in the past and could again build the best bikes available. They build Formula 1 engines and jets for crying out loud.

My 2005 FJR is obviously a hell of a bike. It was my first yamaha purchase since buying the great 1986 FZ 750. However, the ticking and subsequent repair and engine disassembly made me wish for the honda that was sure to be built someday.

Maybe the day has come. If it has, the fej is gone and the 99vfr will have a big brother sitting right next to it.

allthough it is still just a "rumor", could honda afford to sit on its ass too much longer. I doubt it. Honda doesnt want to be relagated to be the Old wing and cruiser bike champions.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I hope the rumor is true this time. Seems fairly well developed. I'm surprised they didn't recognize the FJR AE's paddle shifter as a forerunner. I rode an 800 VFR (pre VTEC) for about 50 miles last week, and it was better than I'd remembered it. A VFR based on the 990cc MotoGP engine and with a hand shifter would be mighty hard for me to resist.

Oh, sure... Stir the shit up, Skipper. :lol:
:lol: :assassin:

Seems to be a lot more buzz recently on this. I'm curious to see when Sept rolls around. Maybe we'll get something besides their Dream Machine semi. :blink:

I consider MCN the equivalent of the National Enquirer. Sometimes they're right, but, they have probably worn out the keys used to type 'computer generated image'.

Seems to be a lot more buzz recently on this. I'm curious to see when Sept rolls around. Maybe we'll get something besides their Dream Machine semi. :blink:
Yeah, well, I got dibs on your pee yellow '00 if you upgrade. A can of red Krylon and it'll be the shiznit. ;)

Yeah, well, I got dibs on your pee yellow '00 if you upgrade. A can of red Krylon and it'll be the shiznit. ;)

No way. I want a pee-pee yellow VFR to keep my hot red unit company. ;)

Actually I do like the Y2Ks. If'n I could find one at the right price I'd buy it.

No way. I want a pee-pee yellow VFR to keep my hot red unit company. ;)

Actually I do like the Y2Ks. If'n I could find one at the right price I'd buy it.
I've been casually looking for a '98, '99 or '00 to replace my long lost L'il Redhead ('99). If I can find a low-mileage, unmolested example I just may have to dip into the retirement account...