12 Volt Inflator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

git-r-dan

one of those musician types
Reaction score
I was looking to do the gutting of the compressor clicky as seen on a couple of threads (can't find that thread of the larger black boxed compressor - just saw it a couple of days ago). Anyway, came upon this one at Wal-Mart for $9.96 - made in Chinaville. Was going to do the gut but this one is perfect to go under the rain suit in one of the side bags just like it is. Sure wished it would go under a seat for non-bag days but that is a "no-go". Also complimented it with a power outlet for $7.97 hooked to the blue sea with a 15 amp fuse which will lie under the front part of the back seat. I'll post a piccy of that after my cam battery charges up. Leaving for FL on Wed AM - rest stop in Mobile, AL.

DSCN11610001.jpg

Take the plastic off your new compressor and it may very well fit under the seat. I had one on my Bandit (RIP) and without all the plastic housing stuff, it fit great.

It's on the end of my to do items before the trip. If not, it can wait. It's pretty small as is and the bags are going to be on the next month. Also, it's starting to get cluttered under those seats and I still need to locate some tools there...we'll see. Organization!!! ugh. :(

yep I bought a cambell hausfeld (sp?) 12v I pulled it apart

Now I have a 200psi compressor, t handle plug kit with plugs, and a nice professional ap gauge that fits in a Purple Crown Royal bag.

(you know the one where you kept your "stash" as a teen?)

Yo!,

I found a unit up here in Canadian Tire up here that fits very nicely under the seat without modification. I modded the ends to fit into my Widder set up and snugged in a repair kit and I am good to go! All under the seat.

Let me know if you are interested - I will send pics and even send you a unit if you like....it was about $10...

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the plastic off your new compressor and it may very well fit under the seat. I had one on my Bandit (RIP) and without all the plastic housing stuff, it fit great.
Done deal pf! Plastic housing off, cut off the plastic fan w/ the dremel and re-soldered the connections to the motor after bypassing the switch. It fit perfectly under the back seat above the scorpio alarm unit. It's very crowded but somewhat organized under the seats. Thanks for twisting my arm.