2003-2006 FJR Suspension GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww....crap. LOL I'm betting that if you have to ask....

On the other hand, I'd been mulling posting about how tired I am of the stock suspension beating the crap out of me over freeway expansion joints. Hard and soft setting on the rear shock seem to give the same effect. Given that I'm riding about 100 miles/day commuting now and have almost 10,000 miles on the bike, I guess I might have to do this.

It's only money. (Don't tell the wife....) :eek:

Bob

Huntington Beach, CA

Er,

Ohlins for Mk1 (2003-2005) have a nitrogen reserve mounted on the top of the shock. This will directly interfere with the relocated voltage rectifier on the Mk2's which is mounted on that now welded crossplate mentioned in the above posts. For an 06 go with a remote N2 reserve like the Penske.

Chris

I'm rather surprised at the low response to this GB heads-up...

I figger'd you folks without an upgraded shock/fork package would be all over this deal, racking up 10 pages of banter by now. What's up? I gotta tell you, if I had one and only one upgrade I could do to this machine, the rear shock would be the one. Truly, you just can't imagine how impressive these after market shocks are.

I can vouch for the Extreme Awesomeness of the Penske Shock!

I also have upgraded front springs and thicker oil, the rebound and compression kits look like a perfect compliment!

I'm rather surprised at the low response to this GB heads-up...
I figger'd you folks without an upgraded shock/fork package would be all over this deal, racking up 10 pages of banter by now. What's up? I gotta tell you, if I had one and only one upgrade I could do to this machine, the rear shock would be the one. Truly, you just can't imagine how impressive these after market shocks are.

+1!

After 25 years of riding on a dozen different bikes this was my first suspension upgrade... I'm still kicking myself for not doing it on every bike I have had!

I'm getting all hot and bothered about this group buy, but I need to know the details...... Come on Warchild give it to us, we can take it......

Dana

WC you are the man!!! I was planning to have GP work their magic on my '03 in the spring. I am in on this GB. Just waiting on when to thrash on my plastic. The wife won't like it, but I've been preping her for a couple of months.

Thanks WC

Sparkysfjr

I have put new shocks and springs on high performance street and dirt bikes that have never been ridden, knowing that the stock unit was kind of shitty.

Would there be any benefit to putting the new shock on a new 07', that I havn't even picked up yet?

Those of you who have been on the forums for a while now know full well that these more popular Group Buys can really be a total goat-rope, especially when members behave like sharks during a feeding frenzy. First they demand instantaneous information, and then many of these same folks complained loudly when they perceive that they were not being serviced fast enough, as if they are the sole customer... anyone remember that?

Recall the brutal condemnation of Wilbers when they got hit with almost 200 orders during their first GB a couple years ago? When the factory in Germany wasn't prepared to handle it at a pace everyone demanded? Do y'all have any idea how much hate-mail I got from that gig? :angry:

And recall the lashing that Spiegler received when they got hit with a $300K order of SS lines, ABM rotors and Carbone Lorraine brake pads in 2005?

So... would you all MIND if I try to put together a framework where we can mitigate that same thing from happening again? :blink:

I have been holding numerous discussions with GP Suspension the last several days, as they have grown a little concerned about the potential volume of players interested in this GB. They should be, because I know what some of you folks behave like when you have difficulty calling in your order, or waiting for product, etc, etc.

As it turns out, I am going to go ahead and create a (relatively small) web form that you all must fill out first, before being eligible for this Group Buy. This way, no matter how much difficulty you have contacting them throughout the two week Group Buy period, as long as your name is on the legit Group Buy listing, you'll be able to negotiate your suspension needs at the GB pricing, even if you have to wait beyond the end of the Group Buy period to actually place and pay for your order.

Y'all diggin' me here, my brothers? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I remember the first Wilburs GB, the Speigler (cum Galfer) buy, and Wilburs part deux. I also recall that at one point, WC had sworn off hosting any more GB's ever because of the BS involved with them. Realize guys that these taint easy for da host, that all concerned are willing to work with those that have reasonable concerns (be accurate with the required info,if ya don't unnerstand, ASK!) be they they the cost/benefit, the specs, the fitment, the problems. About 2% of the individuals in the past caused 99% of the problems, some were just complete assholes from birth and couldn't help it, for the others it was an acquired talent. For those anticipating such shenanigans, do all a favor and don't get involved. For the rest, the wait and hassle are well worth the final results. A tip-do as much homework as you can prior to ordering-read up on suspension, the involved products, and decide whether the GB will indeed fill your hole, once you've identified what that hole consists of. ;)

PS: Rest assured one of the BIG benefits of these GB's is the fact that a ton of tech gets posted as individuals begin the installs-I find it hard to believe each and every one of you won't get an answer to a question here, you are not alone on your install-someone else will come across the same issue and help out where needed. You are not alone. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave and Ben are top notch.

I had my front fork, totally reworked on the way to WFO-5

Amazing!

With their valving the oil 5 wt. is all that's needed.

They already know I'll be calling when I settle on replacement FJR.

MarkB

Fjr eh

Those of you who have been on the forums for a while now know full well that these more popular Group Buys can really be a total goat-rope, especially when members behave like sharks during a feeding frenzy. First they demand instantaneous information, and then many of these same folks complained loudly when they perceive that they were not being serviced fast enough, as if they are the sole customer... anyone remember that?
Recall the brutal condemnation of Wilbers when they got hit with almost 200 orders during their first GB a couple years ago? When the factory in Germany wasn't prepared to handle it at a pace everyone demanded? Do y'all have any idea how much hate-mail I got from that gig? :angry:

And recall the lashing that Spiegler received when they got hit with a $300K order of SS lines, ABM rotors and Carbone Lorraine brake pads in 2005?

So... would you all MIND if I try to put together a framework where we can mitigate that same thing from happening again? :blink:

I have been holding numerous discussions with GP Suspension the last several days, as they have grown a little concerned about the potential volume of players interested in this GB. They should be, because I know what some of you folks behave like when you have difficulty calling in your order, or waiting for product, etc, etc.

As it turns out, I am going to go ahead and create a (relatively small) web form that you all must fill out first, before being eligible for this Group Buy. This way, no matter how much difficulty you have contacting them throughout the two week Group Buy period, as long as your name is on the legit Group Buy listing, you'll be able to negotiate your suspension needs at the GB pricing, even if you have to wait beyond the end of the Group Buy period to actually place and pay for your order.

Y'all diggin' me here, my brothers? :unsure:

I'm still shocked you are willing to set these up!

Even though I'm not going in on this one... THANKS!

You should add a rule that the first 5 :asshat: s that piss you off get dropped off the GB! :D :D

You should add a rule that the first 5 :asshat: s that piss you off get dropped off the GB! :D :D
Hmmmmmmm.......... you may be on to something here....
eusa_think.gif

Warchild,

Thanks for doing this GB, even though I'm not likely to participate. I think the dosh I spent on the Wilburs GB was well worth it. Both you and Klaus were awesome, even with the a-hat activity. I'd love another Spiegler GB to get the brake rotors, since that was the only thing I didn't buy :) :)

People have to keep there expectations in line with reality when it comes to these things. GBs are hard to orchestrate, and harder when a-hats rule.

dgfella

Status
Not open for further replies.