2004 rear breaks sticking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cleaned rear caliper lastnight, and rear brake line. ran out of time, going to bleed brakes tonight. rear wheel has been assembled correctly, reservoir is full, no air in system. is there anything I need to do to the abs system ?
Τhe brake fluid level should not exceed the upper line in the reservoir.Also do not overfill the front reservoir.

First bleed the brakes starting from the front first and after the rear.

If nothing changes,then probably the problem is in the ABS unit.

I can not think of anything else..

there was a little gum on the calipers , but are clean now. tried bleeding brakes, no luck. this is where I'm at. fluid flowing through rear master cylinder to abs block. line is clear from abs block to rear caliper. BUT, not getting fluid through abs block . we removed lines to check this .got a couple bubbles through block and then nothing. reconnected lines and pressure built at inlet to block . anyone know where to get a abs block ? $1044.00 for new one.

Nobody, as of yet, has fixed/rebuilt one. Prevailing thought is they're not serviceable.

As our bikes age it is probably a good idea to exercise and flush them as maintenance.

is it possible to put a 2004 non abs brake line to the rear caliper? bypassing the abs block.
Yep...You can purchase a complete set of non-abs lines, bypassing the ABS block completely, pull the abs unit off the right side of the bike and leave yourself plenty of room for a cruise control unit.

Yep...easy-peasy solution. But you'd need to leave the ABS sensor hardware on the rear wheel intact so the ABS ECU wouldn't get confused.

alright ,that's the plan ,rear brake line is only $32, will be a temp fix, until I can find a used block. thanyou so much for your help. Im on vacation until the 28th, would hate not riding.