• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR with ABS - with every conceivable farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, exactly the bike I was shopping for a few years ago when I got mine. Good luck with the sale, sorry you have to hang up the helmet.

Afermarket rotors

ABS model

Aftermarket mirrors

Aftermarket bar ends

Include Airhawk?

Looks good and low mileage. - Good luck with the sale. You might do better if you listed a lower price, defarkled and sold the extra bits separately. Unfortunately, when sold with the bike, the add-ons tend to bring significantly less than half the original cost.

Afermarket rotors
ABS model

Aftermarket mirrors

Aftermarket bar ends

Include Airhawk?

Looks good and low mileage. - Good luck with the sale. You might do better if you listed a lower price, defarkled and sold the extra bits separately. Unfortunately, when sold with the bike, the add-ons tend to bring significantly less than half the original cost.
Agree with all your points. A bit pressed for time in getting rid of things. Have to prepare for a move and some life changes. Hoping for a package buyer. If not, I'll follow the path you outline.

Okay, now I feel stupid...

For some reason my original post was getting corrupted so I'm trying again. And 1,000 thanks to Wheaton FJR for the photo help!

The bike: A 2005 FJR1300 with ABS

I bought this gem new and have shared many wonderful adventures with her. I have babied her and installed just about every accessory or feature ever conceived--many of them inspired by the great people on this board. She has 32,000 miles on her and is in beautiful shape. Just 500 miles ago she had a major service including all fluids, TB synch, steering head check, new battery and new pilot road 3's. About 2,000 miles and a season earlier, she had valves adjusted, new iridium plugs and suspension redone with Ohlins bits.

A partial list of farkles includes:

Sargent and russell day long seats with backrest, Audiovox electronic cruise control, ANT rearview camera with new hood, Heated grips with custom controller mounted in fairing, Bagster tank bag and bra, Stator upgrade, Smartire monitors, 90 degree value stems, SS brake and clutch lines with speed bleeders, Galpher wave rotors, custom painted bar ends, aftermarket/extended mirrors, R1-type shifter, PHIDS with integrated headlight controller (really cool), Upgraded fasteners throughout, GIVI top box, Voltmeter integrated into rearview mirror, Highway pegs, Powerlets for heated gear with fairing mounted controller, Fork brace, Bluesea electrical bus, Engine case and frame protectors, Autocom pro audio (no longer fully installed, but all parts comes with the sale), Air seat cushion, Hyper light brake lights, Aftermarket windshield, MANY spares including fasteners, bulbs, oil filters, etc.

Due to career change and health issues I am retiring from riding. The bike is located in the Boise, Idaho area. Serious inquiries can be emailed to [email protected]

$8,000 takes it all.

Oh, some other mods I forgot to mention....

--She's pre-plumbed for a fuel cell. I experimented with the Dean Tanji cell, but couldn't get it to work properly.

--Heat shielding has been upgraded to improve rider comfort

Looks like a beauty! By comparison, my '05 looks like this....
black%20eye.gif
The $8K strikes me as on the high-ish side, but wadda I know? It's worth what a willing buyer and seller agree to. Good luck, and sorry you have to part with it.

Looks like a beauty! By comparison, my '05 looks like this....
black%20eye.gif
The $8K strikes me as on the high-ish side, but wadda I know? It's worth what a willing buyer and seller agree to. Good luck, and sorry you have to part with it.
I think it's hard to value given all the equipment on it. A likely buyer will want and appreciate the extensive and careful farkling...

That's a fantastic price for that beauty!

I wish I was in the market for one and ran across that. An absolute no-brainer for a fly and ride.

Wow Awesome bike and such bad timing. I used to live in Boise and bought my Gen 1 FJR there. I would have definitely bought this one instead. But now I live all the way in Georgia. However, If you decide to sell the farkles separate I want to be the first in line. Good luck with sale.

Last edited by a moderator: