2006 Blueflame exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel

Reaction score
So I got the cans today. :yahoo:

They're on the bike, look and sound great.

Nice deep tone, loudish but not brash.

Pictures.........

198979468_1921b75b45_o.jpg

198979578_758674ee8f_o.jpg

198979528_a71914a11a_o.jpg

I left the baffles in at first just to see what they sounded like,.. and I was suprised by how little difference there was between them being in or out.....I took them out.

About installation......It requires some patience as it can be frusterating because they are kinda loose fitting and once you get everything on and are ready to start tightening things up, things shift out of place when being tightened down....then and you have to re-allign everything and start over.

:fuck: you lol .

I just got a confo. from blue flames i should have mine by August 1st. :yahoo: . cant wait..

Yo Diesel how about a sound file cant you make one and post it... or a video with sound..

Jdog

Last edited by a moderator:
:fuck: you lol .

I just got a confo. from blue flames i should have mine by August 1st. :yahoo: . cant wait..

Yo Diesel how about a sound file cant you make one and post it... or a video with sound..

Jdog

:p Sorry, can't do a sound file.

We'll have to wait for yours.

They look really boss! I checked the Blue Flame website this am and their pipes for Yamahas didn't list the FJR. Is this a custom application?

Hmmmm...would look good on an '06, but the '06's have extra catalytic converters, IIRC. Can anybody shed light on whether the newest iteration needs a new design of aftermarket cans?

Damn, I like the looks.

They look really boss! I checked the Blue Flame website this am and their pipes for Yamahas didn't list the FJR. Is this a custom application?
Hmmmm...would look good on an '06, but the '06's have extra catalytic converters, IIRC. Can anybody shed light on whether the newest iteration needs a new design of aftermarket cans?

Damn, I like the looks.

AFAIK the blueflames are the same for all FJR's.

The pipes on my 06 are not custom, ordered straight off their site https://www.blueflameusa.com/

The listing is for 00-05.....I asked about the 06 fit and he said it the same as previous years, just needs to update his site.....and clearly they fit my bike fine so there are no issues

Were you viewing the US site?

Damn, I like the looks.

AFAIK the blueflames are the same for all FJR's.

The pipes on my 06 are not custom, ordered straight off their site https://www.blueflameusa.com/

The listing is for 00-05.....I asked about the 06 fit and he said it the same as previous years, just needs to update his site.....and clearly they fit my bike fine so there are no issues

Were you viewing the US site?
I checked my bookmark.....it was a European site. Thanks for the US link. Let us know how you like them over time.

I couldn't help but notice the KY license plate. I am in Leitchfield, maybe we could gather all of the KY FJR's together and ride.

I couldn't help but notice the KY license plate. I am in Leitchfield, maybe we could gather all of the KY FJR's together and ride.

That's a cool idea.....but unfortunately I don't particularly enjoy group rides. :(

I'm In Georgetown BTW.

There is some excellent riding out here, let me know if you need some routes.

That's a cool idea.....but unfortunately I don't particularly enjoy group rides. :(

I'm In Georgetown BTW.

There is some excellent riding out here, let me know if you need some routes.
I don't know if I like group rides or not, I have never been on one. I suspect that will change when in Boone in September. I was just curious as to your location and wonder how many FJR's or in my area. I know of no others that are close to where I live. I did see an 04 in Bowling Green on Saturday traveling north on I-65. I was on a side road going in an opposite direction.

BTW, the cans are cool.

Thanks.

I don't know of any out here....I know there are some as I've seen a few here and there.

Should you find your way out here be sure to ride 227 from Georgetown to Owenton.

Oh shizzle. Somebody hand me a towel...

Had to go and post pictures of my favorite looking pipes, didn't ya?!?!

If I could get these to fit on a Holeshot header set, I'm all over it like shrink wrap.

-BD

Here is a great video I found on YouTube:

You gotta love a customer that puts in this kind of work! :clapping:

How do you like the looks of the new Beowulf Warrior cans?

BeowulfWarrior.jpg

Curious why you blanked out your plate in the pictures? What harm do you think might come to you that wouldn't come to you riding down the street or at a parking lot?

Last edited by a moderator: