• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 FJR Leo Vince, Penske, etc. Original owner, ready to go

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
2006 FJR1300A w 23K. Original owner, always garaged and well loved. $8500

Leo Vince exhaust, power commander, K&N, G2, Bill Mayer seat, Givi rack and top box, Garmin 2820 w/ euro mount, cartridge forks, Penske shock, Larger windscreen (can't remember the maker). I feel like I'm forgetting something..

Comes with stock rear rack, exhaust, windscreen, and some other bits. Bag liners too, but one has a separated seam.

Has a small scratch on the top of the tank from a bit of grit getting caught on a tank bag magnet. Larger scratch on the left bag from a drunk friend at Indy one year...

Needs a good wash!

Either this or my KTM needs to go. I don't ride nearly enough to have two large bikes.

I'm having surgery on the 15th so if I'm slow to respond after that, please understand.

Thanks,

Chris

fjr_zps19de76cd.jpg

I knew I forgot something! New PR2 on the rear, front is about 50%. Stock shock also come with the bike. I can ship all the extra parts if someone want to ride this home. Or have me deliver the bike, in which case I'll ship myself home.
smile.png

If the new owner doesn't want the extra stock shock, I would be interested in buying it from you.

Does the GPS come with the MapSource® City Navigator North America NT DVD and all the new in the box accessories?

• Portable non-skid mount (friction mount)
  • Dash mount
  • Alphanumeric remote control
  • External microphone
  • Vehicle power cable with external speaker
  • AC power adapter
  • USB cable
  • Protective cover
  • Owner's manual
  • Quick reference guide

John, Noted.

Mike, Been in D.C. traffic most of the day, sorry for the delayed response. I've taken a few quick shots, I'll try to get more detailed tomorrow.

I'll check the accessories with the GPS but I know not everything you listed is not there. The updates are done off the net now, so the DVD's aren't sent out. Please understand your buying a bike with an old GPS, not a new GPS with a bike. It's mostly staying there because I'm using a 478 on the KTM.

Chris

DSC08656_zps97bea24c.jpg

DSC08657_zpsf5af42e6.jpg

DSC08658_zpsebc35263.jpg

DSC08659_zps667d46b2.jpg

Chris,

Thanks for the extra pictures. I understand perfectly about the GPS. I'm just very detail oriented and wanted to understand exactly what was included. I'm currently using a 2610 with an old map set that can not be updated so a 2820 with the ability to update the maps is an upgrade for me.

Your description of your FJR mentions cartridge forks. Can you elaborate as to exactly what was changed?

I understand that the instrument cluster in many 2006 FJRs had to be replaced, was yours replaced?

Mike,

The 2610 has features that are left out in most GPS'. The 2820 is a good unit, sort of a combination of the old features and the 'new' style of interface.

The fork mod is a valve and spring change. There was a link giving a better description of what is/was done, I'll see if I can find it. Maybe someone reading this can help?

I'm glad you reminded me of the cluster change, it was done before the bike hit 500 miles. The ignition switch was also done, about 3 years ago.

Guy seemed to really enjoy riding it!

Chris

Yes, Guy gave it a very good recommendation.

Took it for a 5-7 mile ride, and it pulls strong and runs very clean. The exhaust has a pleasant, throaty sound to it and is not objectionable at all. Sounded really nice.
I thought it handled and rode well..... altho' I wasn't out anywhere I could really push it.

The suspension felt a little "stiff" to me (sure it can be adjusted), but was still pretty compliant given some of the choppy roads where I went.

If I was in the market for a “new” bike, I'd certainly give this one a serious look. I don't know what he's asking (I didn't ask and I don't care), but doubt that you'll find a cleaner one anywhere.

Mike,

Thanks very much, that's very nice of you. I'm back home now, everything went fine. I'll be home bound all weekend, not really my style..

I took a picture of the seam on the bag, It's the internal panel that separated the small pocket from the larger part of the bag. The piece over my finger should be attached where my thumb is, the zipper in the middle is for the small outside pocket. I hope that makes sense.. The bag is perfectly usable, with all outside seems in perfect shape. I've only used them maybe 10 times. I've used one as a carry-on for a flight when I couldn't find my small travel bag.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

2013-03-13_19-43-32_147_zps40136e58.jpg

Congrats Mike! The hunt is over. Another C10 owner has been assimilated.
Not totally. I currently have no plans of getting rid of my C10. In fact after riding this FJR with the GP Suspension forks and Penske rear shock I'm thinking about finally upgrading the suspension on my C10. It was the upgraded suspension that sold me on buying Chris's FJR.

Glad you got one Mike! Now who is going to update all of these bike FS postings? You will enjoy the FJR, I am on my 3rd one now and have had 2 old concours to try to compare even the '03 FJR to, just can't do it! You'll love it!