• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR - AE with very low miles.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abercrombie FJR

Reaction score
https://fargo.craigslist.org/mcy/5416536797.html

I was going to keep this one for myself but decided I didn't need a second FJR. I went to look at it yesterday and I am tempted but don't have the time to give it the TLC it needs. The bike has 5033 miles on it and is in pretty good condition considering it is closing in on 10 years old.

The bike is listed in very good condition but it needs a little TLC.

The good is: Extremely low miles

Driven by a mature rider and lightly used judging by the low tire wear and 2 inch chicken strips on the OEM 10 year old tires.

Tire are in great shape for their age and easily have a couple thousand left in them.

The bad is: Leaking fork seals.

All original fluids with the exception of oil which appears to need replacement.
Both mirrors are scuffed from rubbing up against trailer or garage walls.

Rub marks on right and left fairings from strapping during incorrect tie down procedures while trailering.

Bike needs a good wash job and detailing.

The asking price is $5500.00. When I pointed out the scuffed up mirrors, fairing and fork seals I offered him $4500.00 and he thought he would let it go as is for that price. If someone has some time to give this bike a little love and likes the AE transmission this might be your bike. I thought of buying it to flip but I have too many irons in the fire right now.

Somebody buy this bike before I get weak resisting temptation.

I have no affiliation to the seller but he is a nice older guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find! At $4.5k is a good price too with minimal tlc required. I wish the AE was also colored like the A, in black cherry.

Heres another for them thats looking in Ohio, 2009 AE:
https://www.mid-ohio.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=87133&pov=4327299

The finance manager at this dealership owned this one and traded it for a Honda F6B.
IMHO, not a good deal - $8k for a 2009 with 21k miles

Heres another for them thats looking in Ohio, 2009 AE:

https://www.mid-ohio.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=87133&pov=4327299]https://www.mid-ohio.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=87133&pov=4327299[/url]

The finance manager at this dealership owned this one and traded it for a Honda F6B.
IMHO, not a good deal - $8k for a 2009 with 21k miles
KBB value = $8315, so $7995 is not an unreasonable asking price for a dealer. As others have stated, 21k miles is just broken in. If I was serious about buying an AE I would offer them $7000, see what happens.

Comparing 2009 AE's on Cycletrader, it looks like there may be a better deal or two, but you could do a lot worse.

Interesting that the first one has an odo picture, but doesn't show the mileage.
Yes, I thought that was odd also and attribute it to the guys son not knowing how to run the gauges and having it set to trip. The add lists the bike with 5500 miles but the actual mileage when I looked at it is 5033 miles. I would have to believe that there is nothing funny going on about the miles since the tires were the 10 year old original Bridgestones. The pictures are obviously not current with the green grass in the background.

I think this is just a bike purchased by an old guy that isn't that into motorcycles and doesn't know a whole lot about them or how to write a very good motorcycle ad. When I first responded by email, I got the guys son who asked me to call his father to arrange seeing the bike. The owner had his son posted the craigslist add so I attribute the inaccuracies to that. I think everything about the bike is legit. It's just a used bike that sat in the garage and never got ridden much.

For $4,500 I thought someone with some basic mechanical skills looking for their first FJR might be interested.

IMG_20160201_102234797_zpsp7hpudde.jpg

Saw this today at my old store, I know its had more than one birthday.

Looks like it may have been lowered. If anyone is interested PM me and I'll connect yoowith the owner. I'd guess that any kind of reasonable offer could buy this bike.

Latest posts