2007 sitting in my garage - need advice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^^ What Ross said, and I'd suggest using a penetrating lubricant such as kroil, pb blaster, marvel mystery oil or similar, (NOT wd-40!), and letting it sit for 30 minutes or so prior to rotating the wheel. Don't use an excessive amount of oil.

Keep us posted.

I'd probably use Seafoam, then rotate as noted above slowly with the plugs out.. It'll help loosen rings more so than oil and burn off fairly quick being approx 10 weight.

That's what I use when storing an engine and make sure the piston (if a single cylinder) is at TDC.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the seafoam ^^

One of those all too rare products that actually lives up to its claims.

I use @ 6oz per tank and then run through @ 1/2 tank or so prior to off-season storage, (which is sadly 3 - 4 months here)

A dose of seafoam in the tank every oil change keeps the fuel system happy.

For long-term storage, 6 months or more, I use an engine fogging spray, and ACF-50 for chassis & electrical bits

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on the seafoam ^^
One of those all too rare products that actually lives up to its claims.

I use @ 6oz per tank and then run through @ 1/2 tank or so prior to off-season storage, (which is sadly 3 - 4 months here)

A dose of seafoam in the tank every oil change keeps the fuel system happy.

For long-term storage, 6 months or more, I use an engine fogging spray, and ACF-50 for chassis & electrical bits
Actually, Yamaha's "Ringfree" , VERY popular in the marine world, works WAY better for cleaning the fuel system and top end. Its NOT a stabilizer.. I run it in every gas engine, in every tank...
https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/ring-free-plus?b=Search&d=34