• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 FJR 1300 - with extra goodies - $8000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettB

Reaction score
2008 FJR1300, with Russell seats, Zumo 550, Large Givi MonoKey top case w/ integrated lights, CalSci windshield, heated grips, custom mirror extenders, etc... great bike well set up and priced to sell given the extras... (more complete list of extras below and I *might* consider separating some extras for the right price)

Has 49k miles on it, mostly via a commute that has me riding about 45 miles each way. But I did also complete an "Iron Butt" on this bike (1000 documented miles in less than 24 hours).
It has been well maintained and cared for, I have an Excel spreadsheet that documents all service, including every fuel stop. It is always stored in my garage at night and is never left outside.
It had a major service at 42k miles, completed by Beaverton Motorcycles which included changing all fluids (oil, coolant, brake, clutch, final drive), everything lubed (cables, suspension pivots, etc), new spark plugs, new brakes, and new fork seals. I *just* replaced the rear shock with an uprated "Gen3" model, which retains all of the stock features. Has had regular oil changes and all regular services.

Issues:
there are some scratches, noticeable but not too bad on a side bag, stator cover, and frame slider, caused by me trying to turn around on a graveled slope and dropping it (at a standstill). Mirror was also scratched but I replaced it. These aren't major scratches, but I want to give full disclosure.

Extras:
It has a CalSci "Tinted Shorty" windshield, which for me was the perfect shield for riding, and it looks awesome on the black bike. Comes with stock shield as well.
Also has aftermarket tripleclamp that raises the bars and brings them back a little. Have stock tripleclamp as well.
Also has custom designed mirror extensions. A common complaint of FJR riders is looking at your elbows in the mirrors. The extensions are black anodized aluminum and blend into the black bike perfectly but add safety with increased visibility.
Bike also has factory heated grips (not normally included on the regular clutched models) and foam grip covers for extra comfort.
MagKnight tank protector
Garmin Zumo 550 mounted on a stem RAM mount, wired in with both power and audio. Audio is routed to an Autocom AVI Pro, which has rider and passenger leads for both audio and mic, allowing a wired intercom and full stereo audio and nav system. This setup works awesome. Will come with speakers and mics to mount in your helmet(s). The Zumo is also Bluetooth enabled if you prefer a wireless setup.
The bike is also currently fitted with Russell Day Long seats. I also have the stock seats which look like new and are decently comfortable themselves (I did do a 600 mile ride on them).
Premier Cycle Accessories luggage rack with an independent seat back, and mounts for the GIVI top case, and a large GIVI monokey top case with integrated backrest and lights.

I don't frequent the forums as much as I used to, so best to text 5oh3-9one3-2943

Thanks for looking...

pics in craigslist add here:
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/5050679723.html

Very nice bike. I am local so if anybody needs somebody to take a look at it, just let me know.

GLWS

Carl

Sold. I'll miss it, and hope its new owner enjoys it. Wonder when I'll be back on another FJR... :)

Latest posts