2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For 2009, the FJR1300A receives an updated clutch to reduce lever pressure for rider comfort.

No color change is lame. Musta had a lot of black paint leftover.

Last edited by a moderator:
So..........black wheels, black fuel tank trim piece, different fairing sticker, and a reduced effort clutch. All that for a $591 (4%) price increase.

Whoopee!

How anti-climatic. Let the forum fodder begin for real!

Looks like shades of the "extended" 2005 offerings when we got two runs of the Galaxy Blue. The next big refinement must be coming in 2010. FJR1400, 165hp, 7-speed, inverted forks, improved rear shock, wider rear tire, more adjustable handlebars, higher MPG must be available one more year out. I should be ready by then.

:unsure:

I officially proclaim this the 'Darth Vader' FJR! :lol:

Ya know, all that's missing is a small chrome skull on the front end with lighted red eyes and this FJR has 'Warchild' written all over it. ;)

This is somewhat consistent with some low-level rumblings I have heard out of Cypress..... about a heavily re-worked Gen III in 2010......
shrug.gif

LOL! Bold new colors :yahoo: ...oh, wait. :glare:

Black with black wheels doesn't work for me.

Here's hoping for a new FJR in '10. I hope this bike doesn't go the way of the Vmax and Connie...unchanged for 20 odd years.

Edit: They hit the R1 with the ugly stick. That used to be a beautiful bike. :blink:

I officially proclaim this the 'Darth Vader' FJR!
Ya know, all that's missing is a small chrome skull on the front end with lighted red eyes and this FJR has 'Warchild' written all over it.
Some annodized gold accents would have been nice...