2009 FJR1300 info released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you all are looking at but there so much a difference I could just see it plain as day. I mean really how could you miss it? The bike is t - o - t - a - l - l - y different. How could you miss the sticker on the fairing, sheesh?

09MS_FJR1300A_K_S1_b0da1f72.jpg

I like the black wheels.

I officially proclaim this the 'Darth Vader' FJR!
Ya know, all that's missing is a small chrome skull on the front end with lighted red eyes and this FJR has 'Warchild' written all over it.

It's almost jarring to NOT see the silver side-panel below the seat..... this is the first color change EVER for that panel....

09SPBK_FJR_K_B_001_e9520182.jpg

09SPBK_FJR_K_A_113_bb2dc48a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that Yamaha is not consistent with their photos yet.

jasonhc73's photo has the black fuel tank trim piece, Warchild's photo shows a silver piece.

My bet is that it will be black.

All you need for the '09 is a red LED strip across the nose, with the light moving from side to side.

And these days, they wouldn't have to pay David Hasellhof that much $$ for the advertising campagn.

Someone should black out that other piece under the tank and the forks! That would be cool lookin!

Edit: I see Skooter's comment now. I still wanna see black forks. Can that be done?

This is somewhat consistent with some low-level rumblings I have heard out of Cypress..... about a heavily re-worked Gen III in 2010......
shrug.gif
Makes sense finacially not to make any significant changes in 2009, if they need to retool in the near future!

Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding.

Am I missing something here? Looks exactly the same as the torture device that came with my '07

Look at it this way. The price increases just make our rides more valuable.
:lol:

Of course, that increase in value is offset by the very introduction of yet another model year!

Yamaha wasn't consistent with their photos when the new '08s were introduced last year either. If I recall, one of the official photos had a bad photoshop job posted on the Yamaha site for a little while.

(Cross Sept 8th off calendar)

Only 364 days to go. :lol:

Well, at least we can now add Dark Charcoal to the forum banner.

We can, right?

Here....

NV54017_4.jpg

They are also gonna be available a month earlier than last year. Yep, too many 08s left over.

...I guess I'm gonna have to update the FJR Comparo Matrix by adding another column....that's almost identical to 2008. Ho-hum. :whistling:

Props to Skooterg...he got the scoop on the first post this year. Anybody wanna bet how many dupe threads are tried? I bet 3 or more in the next week. ;)

Edit: I see Skooter's comment now. I still wanna see black forks. Can that be done?
Sure. A powder coater from Harbor Freight for $69.99...and a really big oven.

Looks like shades of the "extended" 2005 offerings when we got two runs of the Galaxy Blue. The next big refinement must be coming in 2010.
Or it could be 2011....because remember that the FJR was in Europe a full year before it was in the U.S. They had a 2001 that would have been equivalent to a 2002 in NA. They could be on a 5 year cycle.

...I hope not...just sayin' ;)

The price difference isn't really that huge at an increase of $591.00 for each model. Probably trying to recoup some of the cost associated with transportation and production. Metal costs have skyrocketed in the last year. I do like the black rims though. Getting closer to the all black bike. I'd still go with the AE though if I were having to purchase again. B)

Interesting that Yamaha is not consistent with their photos yet.
jasonhc73's photo has the black fuel tank trim piece, Warchild's photo shows a silver piece.

My bet is that it will be black.
Maybe, but.... I am guessing they will be silver.

Note how all the "action" photos in the 2009 gallery section show a silver piece; the 4 marketing photos show black.... any bets they photochopped it black (like they did the blue 2006 photo and photochopped the "maroon" color onto it for the 2007 model year debut photos, remember that?)

Yes.

Or rather, they can certainly be disassembled and powder-coated black... I did that on my 2000 CBR1100XX about 3 years ago....

ak-20Forks.jpg