• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2011 FJR (Canadian Version) Sold

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesdog

Reaction score
2011 Yamaha FJR PLUS small cargo/dog trailer.

58,506km Always stored inside. Winterized every off season with fuel stabliizer

feeej-1.jpg

feeej-1-1.jpg

feeej-2-1.jpg

Additional photos on request.

Accessories and modifications:

Performance fork cartridges AK-20 Axxion and Penske 8983 rear shock ($1,957.00)

Russell ‘Day Long’ leather seat and matching passenger seat ($850)

(stock rider’s seat included, stock passenger seat not available)

Custom rear luggage rack ($170)

Custom reinforcement on sub-frame for luggage rack ($140)

Corbin ‘smuggler’ mini-trunk ($850)

Bar risers (more upright riding position) ($80)

Techspec ‘snakeskin’ tank pads to protect paint and aid rider control )$70)

Throttlemeister Bar end throttle ‘lock’ pseudo cruise control ($155)

Cee Baily contoured windshield - light grey tint (stock windshield included) ($200)

Ram ball for attaching GPS or other accessory ($40)

PIAA Slimline Sports Horns ($55)

Clearwater auxilary lights:

‘Glenda’ small amber LED ‘fog’ lights mounted on lower front forks ($475)

‘Erica’ High power driving lights mounted at side mirrors ($750)

Hyperlites running/signal/flashing brake lights ($100)

Reflective Bag decals and side fairing decals ($50)

COX anodized aluminum radiator guard ($100)

T-Rex frame sliders ($35)

Premier Cycle Accessories Sidebag surface shield set and Headlight protection shields ($90)

Custom trailer hitch (owner built) and Kuryakyn 7672 Plug & Play Trailer Wiring/Relay Harness ($80)

Fuzeblock auxilary electrical fuse system ($180)

Wynpro custom PAIR block off plates ($55) (PAIR system is around somewhere if you really want it)

Staintune performance mufflers ($1,295) (stock mufflers included)

Fenda Extenda ($37)

Heated vest and controller ($150)

Extra ‘heat-troller’ for use with any other heated gear, such as boots or pants ($140)

Service manual bound in two separate bindings ($90, iirc)

Some of the amounts listed are in US Currency, but I don’t have actual printed receipts as many items were purchased online.

Total accessories and upgrades @ $8,194.00

Wired for a battery tender. Connector located near right horn near the fairing

Wired for heated vest. Connector at frame hand grip used when placing bike on center stand

One short riding season on the rubber. Good tread for at least one more. Front tire wears faster on these bikes, so tire pressure is critical. Yamaha spec recommends 39psi front and 42psi rear.

Synthetic oil used exclusively after engine break in

Recommend fresh oil and rear differential oil. I install a new filter at each oil change, and replace rear differential oil evey second oil change

Valve clearance checked at 40K- all within spec. Also replaced the plugs at that time since they were easy to get at. The plugs still appeared good, but I replaced them anyway, just because. They’ll be good for at least another 50,000

Not ridden since 2016, stored indoors with fuel stabilizer and automatic battery tender since.

Serviced the forks in 2016. They’ll be good for at least another two

All hydraulics replaced 2016

Swing arm lubed 2016

Throttle cables lubed 2016

I fabricated a special tool for use when servicing the front forks, which ought to be done every two seasons in normal riding conditions. I’ll include that tool and instructions for servicing the forks. If you take the bike in to a dealership for that service, make sure they understand the forks now have AK-20 performance cartridges, and therefore require a different fluid level, and use of premium fork fluid.

The Penske rear shock is set for a single rider, of 170lbs or so, moderate riding style. Packing a heavier rider and/or passenger and/or full luggage will require setting the shock accordingly. Contact Traxxion Dynamics for advice and instructions - they are very friendly and helpful folks

The front forks are also set accordingly, and may require some adjustment. Make adjustments in small increments, and note how many ‘clicks’ and in what direction they are made, to the various available settings. Consult the documentation or ask for advice from Traxxion.

Minor scuffs on left pannier and engine side case from a parking lot tip over. Custom rock shields installed on both mufflers after a passing truck launched a chunk of gravel and caused a small ding in the left muffler.

Normal tiny scuffs and scratches on other parts of the fairing, and slight scuff on the side fairing panels where rider’s leg contacted.

Never raced; never wrecked!

Original owner – Asking $5,000.00 USD Includes small motorcycle trailer, painted to match bike, valued at $1,200.00 described and pictured below.

Motorcycle Trailer, “Lugg & Roll”. Made in Canada. New @ $1,800.00. Very low miles <150Km

trailer2.jpg

trailer1.jpg

Modified for dog, can be converted back for luggage – panel cut from top included. Custom swivel hitch installed.

Free with purchase of FJR described above. Asking $1,200.00, if sold separately.

Dog not included.

Bonus: Compressor powered hydraulic motorcycle table free with purchase of bike and/or trailer. Extra FJR parts shown on table included only with purchase of bike.

feeej-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This ad has been up for almost an hour and bike hasn’t sold yet, I’m shocked. GLWS , beautiful bike setup beautifully!

Excellent ad, and great set up. I'd say good luck with sale but you're not going to need it.

Oh, dear God. Where is this machine located???
Southern BC, Canada, in the Similkameen Okanagan valley between Keremeos and Princeton

You sure this isn't a joke? LOL
Absolutely positively not a joke.

I've enjoyed owning this excellent machine since I purchased it new in 2011, but circumstances change, and last year I never even licensed it! I'm downsizing, and planning on buying a motorhome and going mobile as early as next year, so won't be able to tow a large m/c and my auto.

I suppose I could have listed this for slightly more, but wanted to offer it here, at something of a discount, to forum members who understand and love these awesome bikes. Although I've been absent from the forum for quite some time, I have enjoyed the friendship and camaraderie here.

Note that details are being worked out, but I'm confident the bike has been sold. (Three guesses to who, and the first two don't count!)

Times like this I could shoot myself for not having a few thou in reserve. What a deal. Whoever buys it, you can keep the lift and the trailer at my house. LOL

Times like this I could shoot myself for not having a few thou in reserve. What a deal. Whoever buys it, you can keep the lift and the trailer at my house. LOL

Agree.... Agree.... Agree....

Why oh why does my bank account not have the funds available for this bike.

fool.gif

Long day. Started really early to catch a 6 AM flight that took me across the continent from New Brunswick to British Columbia. Bluesdog picked me up at the airport in Penticton. Bike is in great shape so we have a done deal. Spent some time going over stuff and put my plates on and the Zumo wiring harness. Staying here tonight but leaving for a 5500 km ride home - stopping to visit daughter and grandbaby in Winnipeg along the way. Only took a couple pics and late afternoon sun didn't help. Will get more and post later. I've been up for 23 hours so I am about done for the day!

41419293174_644b30f6cf_z.jpg

40332682780_13e3df8120_z.jpg

Bike looks great, Ross. You got a heck of a deal, and a great excuse to ride across the continent. I don’t envy your ride from Calgary to Winnipeg, but the rest of the ride should be great fun. Hope you get some good weather.

So did you load the trailer with the motorcycle lift table and all the spare parts? Im gonna wanna see pictures of that!!! LOL!