2011 Gen 3 FJR 1300 mentioned in Cycleworld

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they don't make the exhaust or fairing look like that. If they change the exhaust it would be interesting to tuck it under the rear like a Duke or Aprilla. And make a simple clean looking one piece for each side fairing. One that can easily be removed with stainless steel fastener to make it naked if you want. Are you listening Yamaha Marketing. And have a Turbo GT model for the insane. I would open my wallet for that.

I'm more interested in the Tedium 1200. :thumbsup: Wish it still came in an 850 version.
Afterall I already have an FJR. How much different (and not necessarily better) can it be? :unsure:
I'll second that; the T12 looks great; hope it makes it here.

On the Gen III FJR, well, I already did a heck of alot of research, riding bikes, and finally bought my Gen II, only to find out it was the wrong Gen according to many here; I'd hate to go through that again!! I'll just have to suffer through my "black is beautiful" Feej for another 100K+ or so then we'll see...

I'm more interested in the Tedium 1200. :thumbsup: Wish it still came in an 850 version.
Afterall I already have an FJR. How much different (and not necessarily better) can it be? :unsure:

On the Gen III FJR, well, I already did a heck of alot of research, riding bikes, and finally bought my Gen II, only to find out it was the wrong Gen according to many here; I'd hate to go through that again!! I'll just have to suffer through my "black is beautiful" Feej for another 100K+ or so then we'll see...
fljab, Don't listen to the GEN II haters out there. They're just jealous! :rolleyes:

After all I already have an FJR. How much different (and not necessarily better) can it be? :unsure:
Welllll....according tot he Gen II owners..... :blink:

fljab, Don't listen to the GEN II haters out there. They're just jealous! :rolleyes:
Au contrere, mon ami!

First, we're not "haters". More like curious onlookers.

Second, jealousy is such a cruelly interesting adjective to ascribe to the admins (most of whom ride Gen I FJRs).

Third, it's a familial issue. I can and will tease my brothers and sisters, outsiders do so at their own peril.

Gen I Gathering, Director of Hoohaw and Falderall

[SIZE=8pt]Appointed by RenoJohn, his-own-bad-self.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd personally be content if they upgraded the anemic generator output. BMW manages to squeeze a little over 1000 watts out of the K1300GT. 590 is (for me) simply not enough with all of the extra lighting I'd like to run. Constantly having to glance at the Datel gets old.

Other than that, I wouldn't trade my 2008 for anything.

You guys realize this is 100% fake, right? The article says so itself and so have a couple of posters already. The reason why it appears to borrow elements from other bikes is because Cycle World photoshopped parts of other bikes' images onto an FJR image. The very idea of criticizing the image is absurd since it has nothing to do with Yamaha.

Besides, I think the FJR holds up remarkably well. I chose it over the Concours 14 and I've since ridden a K1300GT which was also worse in some ways. I've forgotten which. But they ideally will have an updated version to compete with the K1600GT / K1600GTL when they come out.

I think these new six-cyl BMW's are going after the Goldwing, not the C14, FJR, ST13, etc.
The K1600GTL is definitely mainly a replacement for the K1200LT and thus competes with the Goldwing but the K1600GT, from the sound of it, is sort of a cross between the K1300GT and K1200LT and roughly competes with the above bikes.

070120101814540058.jpg
That side fairing looks like it came directly off a BMW K-GT bike...... :glare:

Was going to metion that as well. Looks too much like a BMW. One of things I like about this bike is the side panel lines.

You guys realize this is 100% fake, right? <snip>
Besides, I think the FJR holds up remarkably well. I chose it over the Concours 14 and I've since ridden a K1300GT which was also worse in some ways. I've forgotten which. But they ideally will have an updated version to compete with the K1600GT / K1600GTL when they come out.
Absolutely do I - we - realize this is a fake Gen III, but these threads have a way of taking a life of their own! That's the fun of it. there's not much I'd change except the common complaints - better alternator and a factory cruise.

I, too, looked hard at the C14 and especially the K13GT, but I kept coming back to the FJR for value and I really liked it as well as the others - better than the C14, but even with the K13GT. I haven't regretted my decision even a little bit altho there could be one or both of the others in my future someday. I'm a motorcycle whore really, and wish I could have one of each, and two of some if I just had the room and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!

Don’t worry about the opinion of the Gen I owners. I'll probably look into a Gen I once all my clothes have shrunk too much too. Remember, when rolling down the road the concern is the combined weight of the bike and the rider. With the extra weight on the Gen II, you get ABS, a longer swing arm, etc. If I switch to a Gen I, the extra weight gets me a….ah….a higher center of gravity. :rolleyes:

All this Gen 1 bashing ............... gonna buy me the new Triumph Sprint GT Sport Tourer .... in liquid silver color :D
:huh: Nothing "new" comes with a chain drive in the ST market. It is a cute little bike though. Good for "touring" to the beach from your place.

It's even uglier than a gen 1..
:rofl:

...and finally bought my Gen II, only to find out it was the wrong Gen according to many here; I'd hate to go through that again!! ...
Hardly the wrong Gen! The Gen II owners are just generally happier with their bikes so don't feel the need to bash those poor Gen I owners! ;)

Don’t worry about the opinion of the Gen I owners. I'll probably look into a Gen I once all my clothes have shrunk too much too. Remember, when rolling down the road the concern is the combined weight of the bike and the rider. With the extra weight on the Gen II, you get ABS, a longer swing arm, etc. If I switch to a Gen I, the extra weight gets me a….ah….a higher center of gravity. :rolleyes:
Yer darn tootin', sonny boy!

Why, I tells yuh that summa us old guys oughtta go 100% "darkside" and 'cuz we never git our FJRs leaned over. We're too skeered we might fall off: "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" :eek:

Gee whizzers, you Gen II owners get all the "bells and whistles", don'tcha? ABS! Whooeee, whould'a think they'd do sumpthin' like that!?!? :unsure:

[SIZE=8pt]And all this time I thought it was an option in '04 & '05. Mebbe not.[/SIZE]

Longer swing are, too? I suppose that helps ameliorate quick corner transitions and corner response. It's probably more stable at the high speeds Gen II owners are famous for on the super-slab.

It has been rumored that summa them Gen I olde pharte riders slide their "hineys" off their aftermarket seats in order to move the center of gravity (possibly easier on the lighter Gen I bikes) but I don't know if that has any basis in fact. Then again, I'm waaaaaay into touring-mode and I've never ridden with any of the fast guys 'cuz I can't keep up. They got skills!

It has been rumored that summa them Gen I olde pharte riders slide their "hineys" off their aftermarket seats in order to move the center of gravity (possibly easier on the lighter Gen I bikes) but I don't know if that has any basis in fact. Then again, I'm waaaaaay into touring-mode and I've never ridden with any of the fast guys 'cuz I can't keep up. They got skills!
:huh: Some of the people here remember how you used to ride MM. I hardly think you're fully into old phart mode just yet. You'd have bought a wing if that were true. You may not wheelie during passes any more, but somehow I still think you can keep up.

As to this Gen I Vs Gen II hubbub, it's a well documented fact,

<Foghorn Leghorn>

FACT, I tall 'ya!

</Foghorn Leghorn>

that the Gen II is the Whiner's bike. You can't deny it, all that whining resulted in the Gen II.

"it's too hot"

"the seat is too high/low"

"the rpms are too buzzy"

"the screen is too short"

"I want to be fooled into thinking I didn't pay more for the ABS"

"My hands are cold"

Where is the Waambulance?

We could cut Jimm some slack. After all, he might not realize what a rag Cycle World is. Almost As bad as Motorcyclist.

Yer darn tootin', sonny boy!

Why, I tells yuh that summa us old guys oughtta go 100% "darkside" and 'cuz we never git our FJRs leaned over. We're too skeered we might fall off: "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" :eek:

Gee whizzers, you Gen II owners get all the "bells and whistles", don'tcha? ABS! Whooeee, whould'a think they'd do sumpthin' like that!?!? :unsure:

[SIZE=8pt]And all this time I thought it was an option in '04 & '05. Mebbe not.[/SIZE]

Longer swing are, too? I suppose that helps ameliorate quick corner transitions and corner response. It's probably more stable at the high speeds Gen II owners are famous for on the super-slab.

Ha, alot you know...a longer swingarm gives you.....mmm.....a longer drive shaft. :unsure: , and everyone knows longer shafts are preferred to shorter ones. :rolleyes: And with ABS you get that neat little thingy on the front hub with slots in it, a nice styling touch in my opinion, so there.

Status
Not open for further replies.