2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just refreshed.

He's on 90 just 2 miles from the exit.

Looks like he made it!

Wow!

One minute he's down by Silver Springs. The next he's near the 190 interchange. Talk about scootin' skooter.

{What? Really?}

I have been informed that it's a function of Spotwalla lag and that the rider doesn't have light speed overdrive.

I wonder if Toledo was worth enough points to make up for the penalty he'll be hit with for going there and barely making it before the window closes at CP1?

Last edited by a moderator:
184 shows to be just south of Silver Creek with about 40 mins left to a DNF. Go man, GO!

I've heard of "the rock" but never seen it. what'd iggie do to earn it?
40 mins.....38 miles.

Go, go, go!!
Not that the Feejer can't do it but he is going to have to kick some serious ass to get there in time.

Keep going #184

Ride like the wind. :clapping:

Whoa! Looks like #184 might just make it! #230 & # 216 not far behind.

Does anyone know what the story is with Rider 512? Spotwalla still has him 30 miles out and I don't know if (s)he has been showing any movement recently.

Does anyone know what the story is with Rider 512? Spotwalla still has him 30 miles out and I don't think (s)he has been showing any movement recently.

I have been informed that it's a function of Spotwalla lag and that the rider doesn't have light speed overdrive.
Didn't Dale mention they're on an FJR? Ring down the engine room, warp time.

Spotwalla lag makes it impossible to know. But now that the CP has closed, any guesses on when we might know if those we've been rooting for made it or not?

Edit -- @ 22:06, 184 appears to be parked under the concierge awning per the lagging Spotwalla -- I'm betting he/she made it . . . with little or no time to spare. And We've got 109 users on this thread now!

Spotwalla lag makes it impossible to know. But now that the CP has closed, any guesses on when we might know if those we've been rooting for made it or not?

WOW -- 109 users on this thread now!
Well the lag shows the worst position they could be in. The worst 184 was in was 2 miles from the hotel at 9.45pm

The rider could almost have pushed it home from there :D

Phew, I'm glad to see 'my boy' made it. I'm gonna have to find out why it took him all day to ride from Harrisburg to Cheektowaga - leaving it till the last minute to make the final dash like that. He's single-handedly responsible for me getting absolutely no work done today.

184 at CP1 right at the end of the penalty window (bottom center of photo).

Did he make it in time?

184-CP1.jpg

184 at CP1 right at the end of the penalty window (bottom center of photo).

Did he make it in time?
I hope so, and that he didn't have to use the men's room upon arrival. That'd be some kind of torture having to check in immediately without pissing your pants after the stretch he rode in the rain getting in. :lol:

114 User viewing this thread!

Darrin Hicks was that rider that made it under the wire.

There's some time allotted for getting your paperwork in order. certainly not as much for #184 right now as someone who arrived BEFORE the penalties started accumulating though. Pulling up to the front door doesn't stop the clock. You have to get to the check in area which probably meant Dave hit his kill switch, slammed down his side stand, and ran balls out through the hotel as fast as he could. (In full gear yelling something like POWER RANGERS... POWER UP!)

114 User viewing this thread!

Darrin Hicks was that rider that made it under the wire.
Cool. So inferring your statement, I guess we can expect a number shuffle in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.