2013 Daddy-Daughter Moto Adventure!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great RR. I love the seat, looks like what I need. The big wings tend to affect my stumpy legs so I've shied away from them as I use my bike for commuting. I'll be interested to know how you like it as you rack up the miles on it. Also, looks like you uphold the thinking that ugly parents make for good looking kiddos. Congrats on a fun weekend with your young-un even if it didn't go as planned!
Excellent story, thanks for sharing. Your daughter is the trooper for sure.

All I gotta say is that her mother must really have the awesome good looks gene...cuz her good looks ain't coming from pappy's side. :D

I've got a motorcycle riding son about her age....hmmmm. :D

Good times that will stick in both of your memory banks for a loooonnnnngggg time!
cool.png

BTW, what happened to you windshield? It looks like you took a bite out of it in one of the pics...
wink.png

Are you referring to this pic?

laurynrickdale.jpg

Look how the shadows lay in this pic.... what you are seeing is the shadow produced by the helmet chin as it sits over the top edge of the windscreen...
That's just BS. Dale chomped on his windshield because he was hungry and that damn restaurant in Mineral refused to serve him..

Excellent, Dale.Any chance of getting L to post her perspectives?
I'll ask her if she wants to post up, but I suspect she is likely to be all assholes-n-elbows for a while, preparing for her commencement ceremony one week from tomorrow. She is graduating from Central Washington University on June 7th, and prepping to take her GRE's to enroll in a Physician's Assistant program in the Fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lesseeee -- new FJR, big fairing, heated gear, new butt comfort Mayer seat, years of experience running at night and in the cold. And the lithe little girl in tow? On a lowly Kwak 500, barely a fairing on it, shitty seat, only partially functioning heated vest. Hmmmmm?

Seems to me that you flat got OWNED by your daughter, WC. I kinda expected Carver to have offered you a candybutt.org application in recognition of the extent to which you were outperformed by the new graduate over the extended weekend. **

It's OK -- we all get old sooner or later.
winksmiley02.gif

** Might it be time that she graduates to one of those extra LD bikes in your garage, like the Busa??

Well, if she still wants to ride after that trip...she's pretty resilient.

Cold and west. No fairing and no heated liner. Damn. She's hardcore.

Maybe the big guy could have switched rides as the gentlemenly thing to do.
biggrin.png

** Might it be time that she graduates to one of those extra LD bikes in your garage, like the Busa??
Well, if she still wants to ride after that trip...she's pretty resilient.
Cold and west. No fairing and no heated liner. Damn. She's hardcore.

Maybe the big guy could have switched rides as the gentlemenly thing to do.
biggrin.png

Worry not, gentlemen, we have already procured Lauryn's next ride: it's a 2006 Suzuki GS500F, looks just like this:

2004-Suzuki-GS500Fa.jpg

The bad news is that it is basically the same dated technology as the Ninja - parallel twin, carbs, a lean electrical system, etc

But the GOOD news is that it is not a 19-year-old Ninja, it has less than 4K on the odometer, and it does have a rather substantial fairing compared to the Ninja.

Still, it needs some work before we can get it on the road... bike's been sitting a long time. Prolly need to overhaul the carbs, and the tires are OEM, so they need changing...

We'll put the Ninja up for sale fairly cheap for the next new rider wanting a starter bike...
bling_cool.gif

Congratulations... I'd like to be able to write a RR about a trip like that (or maybe ALMOST like that!) with my daughter. Time to get her started!

Great RR, Dale! I dream of the day my boys are old enough to ride with me on a long trip. So cool you can do this with you daughter, and good on ya for the sweet replacement ride.

Dale,

Great RR and pictures, it's great you can share your passion with your daughter and much more fun shopping for bikes and gear for her
punk.gif
much better than girlie shoes and clothes.
rolleyes.gif

Dale,Great RR and pictures, it's great you can share your passion with your daughter and much more fun shopping for bikes and gear for her
punk.gif
much better than girlie shoes and clothes.
rolleyes.gif
Er...uhm...Marcus, I'm thinking BOTH and it's a good thing!
smile.png

BTW, I seem to remember it was Lauryn picking the tickets for swag at WFO-3 in Moscow. ID.

She was quite a young lady then, too.