2013 FJR 1300 Owner's "Registry"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcsp

Reaction score
For those of you that went out and bought that shiny, new 2013 FJR, tell us here in this thread.

Well I didn't buy one and probably won't
bleh.gif
but having your own private fan club sounds cool. Is there a secret handshake or just a wink and a kiss
haha.gif

bleh.gif
but having your own private fan club sounds cool. Is there a secret handshake or just a wink and a kiss
haha.gif
Yes Raymond there's a secret handshake, a wink and a kiss; and just for you Big Boy, we'll also include a very friendly reach around!

xcsp, my VIN is 61.

bleh.gif
haha.gif
Don't know of any private fan club, but thought one thread for those who have bought a new FJR would be better than all of the individual threads but what do I know, I still own an old '03.

Vin # 21 purchased 12/14/12 from Razee Motorcycle Center in RI

bike2_zps031c160d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna post this up in more than one thread...since we seem to have so many where people are just posting up their VINs:

Just out of morbid curiosity; You guys all know that within a month of buying your bike, any jackass can run your VIN that you've now posted all over the internet and have access to not only your address, but depending on the program, your driver's license info too? Right??

It makes me laugh that a bunch of dorks that go through the trouble of blurring out their license plates from pictures happily post up a full VIN.

Remember that 80% of property crime offenders are now using social sites to troll for victims. It's like posting your address up on Facebook and then telling everyone that you've gone on a two week vacation to St. Thomas.

I'm gonna post this up in more than one thread...since we seem to have so many where people are just posting up their VINs:

Just out of morbid curiosity; You guys all know that within a month of buying your bike, any jackass can run your VIN that you've now posted all over the internet and have access to not only your address, but depending on the program, your driver's license info too? Right??

It makes me laugh that a bunch of dorks that go through the trouble of blurring out their license plates from pictures happily post up a full VIN.

Remember that 80% of property crime offenders are now using social sites to troll for victims. It's like posting your address up on Facebook and then telling everyone that you've gone on a two week vacation to St. Thomas.
Well, thanks for the warning,
boredom.gif
but anyone can also see your VIN # just inside the windsheeld of your car...I'm not going on vacation anymore..
not_i.gif

boredom.gif
but anyone can also see your VIN # just inside the windsheeld of your car...I'm not going on vacation anymore..
not_i.gif
Agree with Petey. Anyone can look at your license plate or your VIN on your vehicle. This is not secure information. So why does posting it make it so much worse?

boredom.gif
not_i.gif
Agree with Petey. Anyone can look at your license plate or your VIN on your vehicle. This is not secure information. So why does posting it make it so much worse?
I knew some dummy was gonna come up with this stupid question. I just didn't expect it to be you two...well, maybe you Skoot , but Petey?? Oh well.
So I know that license plates and VINs are public. Hell, that's what the VIN on the dash is called. Its the "public VIN."

The DIFFERENCE is that if someone at the mall runs your info, all they know is where you live. Who really cares? We all live somewhere. However; here, they know where you live, know that some keep guns at home, have nice cars in the garage, have good jobs with nice stuff, and they KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GONE...Since we all post up ride info.

Anyone who knows how to use the web knew that Don, AVGeek, and others were 100 miles from home yesterday at breakfast. I wonder if that would be a good time to break into Don's house? He's got 3 more motorcycles, no dog, and no one of any threat at his house.

I don't give a shit if you post it or not, but don't sit back all smug and naive and pretend it can't happen here. It can. I was just reminding those that may not be aware how devious these assholes have gotten.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts