2013 FJR Front Fender Extension

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wine Guy

More throttle, less brake
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a front fender extension available for the 2013 FJR or is it too early?

Will a fender extension for another generation fit?

Lots of them out there--or if its just the radiator you are thinking about--there is a radiator screen available

Installed one on every FJR so far. Seems like the very bottom of the *V* gets a little more abuse than w/o an extender, but the extra protection is worth it.

Ordered my fenda extenda from Adventure MotoStuff. Don't know if they ship up north...

--G

I have been thinking about using a semi truck mudflap as stock to make a rear fender extender...mine was bobbed just below the tag by PO

Just received my carbon fibre extender (found on Ebay). I am wondering what a good adhesive to use--I really do not want to use screws.

2810719574014040_1.jpg

1 available / 2 sold
Price:
US $29.79

For an ABS extender, use a standard ABS cement to attach to the fender. Another option that's been discussed is Gorilla glue which IIRC a few folks have successfully used.

Is that a CF *look* extender or the real thing?

--G

That is a great looking extender. I used E6000 adhesive to attach the extender. After the adhesive dried I used a silicone clear caulk to fill in the underside. Mine has been on for over two years and 20K miles. You can get E6000 at Home Depot and most hardware stores. I first got it at TAP Plastics in CA. First clean the surface well with acetone .

I used some RTV, which is silicone. Epoxy too brittle IMHO. Lightly clamp in place overnight. Been on there three years...........