• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 FJR with 15K for sale here in Bend, OR - $7,500.00 - Craigslist

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't remember US bikes coming with chipped keys.  IIRC, '13 was the first year of CC on the FJR with the speed restriction for it.  Not an issue for most riders though.  One of you '13-on US owners chime in and tell me if the US bikes started coming with "programming keys" at some point.  If not, this may be a Canadian import.

What makes you believe it has programmed key? The U.S. bikes come with a key code which can be used if you lose the key and need the dealer to provide the pattern. Nothing to do with a chip embedded key.

What makes you believe it has programmed key? The U.S. bikes come with a key code which can be used if you lose the key and need the dealer to provide the pattern. Nothing to do with a chip embedded key.
Unless the bike was originally sold in Canada...

or text Brad 54I 948 994

Brad nicely answered that it's not a programable key, rather metal tag with factory code.  Hope he gets his sale I thank him in reply. Cuz I also have the same year and farkles.  

50578045882_518e190b24_o_d.jpg

The ad, now removed, said the bike came with two regular keys and the programming key.  I see from Archer's response that it was just the key tag with the factory key code, not an actual programming key.