• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 FJR1300 For Sale $6500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STump

Reaction score
2013 Yamaha FJR1300 in excellent condition, 54,xxx miles. $6500

I can't figure out how to post pictures here but send me your email address and I can send you a dozen pics.

I bought this bike in 2017 with 45,000 miles on it from an Iron Butt member who mainly used it for long trips. Since then I have only put about 10,000 miles on it. Never had a mechanical problem with it at all. Very solid machine. Fresh oil change and good tires, I wouldn’t hesitate taking this bike across the country right now.

For those not familiar with the FJR, 2013 was the first year of the third generation of this great bike (I know, preaching to the choir here, LOL). The third gen included extensive updates “under the hood” including:

• Throttle by wire with two ride modes (Normal and Sport).

• Factory cruise control (a lifesaver for longer rides).
Works just like a car, set it and adjust in one mph increments.

• Traction control.

• Revamped dashboard with digital display and extensive trip computer
(instant MPG, avg. MPG, two trip meters, outside air temp, coolant temp, trip time, fuel range, etc.)

• Fully adjustable suspension, front and rear.

• Still uses regular gas! (get more miles for your dollar!)

Some very useful farkles include (over $600 worth):

• MV Mottorrad bar riser for a more comfortable upright riding position.
Made in Germany and $285 from Amazon
(https://www.amazon.c...0/dp/B00B1WMNZG)

• Givi SR357 top case rack, will accept any Givi Monokey top case -- $150
(this is the one you want because this securely distributes the weight of the
top case to avoid the subframe problems associated with other racks)

• R & G frame sliders -- $100

• Highway pegs -- $100

• Powerlet outlet for powering heated gear and other accessories - $50

• Fenda Extenda -- $30

• Reflective panels applied to rear of saddlebags.
Hardly noticeable in daylight, they reflect brilliantly when headlights hit them at night.
(see the pics) Great safety feature! $25

• Piaa horn

• Tank pad

• Hand guards from Suzuki V-Strom (easily removable if you don't want them)

I bought this bike to replace my older, heavier, higher mileage ST1300. I wanted a more modern bike with all the updated electronics (ride by wire, cruise control, traction control, ABS, etc.) but after I bought it and rode it a while, I found that the ST really served my needs as a touring bike better. The FJR is lighter, more maneuverable, more powerful, quicker and uses regular gas! But the ST is more comfortable for me and I realized that was more important to me than all the extra performance. The FJR is a GREAT bike, just not right for me.

Anyway, as they say…. My loss is your gain.

I live close to Indianapolis Airport so a Fly-n-Ride is always an option. Like I said, I wouldn’t hesitate taking this bike anywhere in the country right now. It needs nothing.

One more option… I work for the airlines so I fly standby for free. So for the right consideration (sales price plus gas money, lodging, etc.) I might be persuaded to ride the bike to you and fly back. Something to discuss if you are interested but can’t get away.

Thanks for looking and don’t hesitate to ask any questions if I forgot to mention something here.

I am saying this "tongue in cheek", but if another person says he is confident enough in his FJR to "ride across the country with it" I will puke. Any FJR that is not "ready to ride across the country", no one would buy it. LOL

On a serious note, I have to say that I originally bought my FJR because of its speed and maneuverability and now, 12 years later and much older, those things don't much matter anymore. I can't remember the last time I "took it through the gears" or even scraped a peg. Still, with the RDL, Helibar "BRIDGE" {rbentnail}, the RSV Final Drive "overdrive" gearing, and so many long rides, I am happy where I am. Of course, I never rode any other ST, so what do I know. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: