2013 no electrical? anyone seen this on gen3?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it may sound unlikely but my ignition switch failed on my '04. I could turn the key, but absolutely nothing would work.
Relatively common on GenI and some earlier GenII. Less on later bikes, but worth checking once the battery and cables are checked.

Troubleshooting 101: Start with the simple stuff. (KISS, remember?) Pop the cover off the battery and measure the voltage. Do you have at least 12VDC? If yes, move on to the connections. If no, time to examine why. Are the connections clean and tight? If yes, move on to fuses. If no, stop neglecting that thing and clean it up! The big main fuse is not in the fuse block (at least not on my 2016 Gen III) it's forward and to the left of the battery. Again, clean and making good contact? Fixed it yet? Here's a couple of diagrams from the manual (your best friend in times of need) if you need it. Mine's a 2016 so this may be a little off from your 2013. Keep us posted!

Attachments

• FJR_Shop_Manual_P7-34.jpg
    FJR_Shop_Manual_P7-34.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FJR_Shop_Manual_P7-35.jpg
    FJR_Shop_Manual_P7-35.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 0