2013 Team Lyle Nevada Stampede Results

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
All -

Nevada has been the site of many historic LD events like Miles Inc., Mass Gold, Blister, and WPF. Inspired by these rides, I decided to put on the Team Lyle Nevada Stampede, an All-Nevada Bun Burner Gold ride. Prior to May 18, 2012, there had been only 7 All-Nevada BBGs certified. Last year's Alamo Express produced 1 BBG 1800++, 14 All Nevada BBGs and 1 All Nevada BB.

25 people decided to apply for the ride. Some of the very best LD riders - Iron Butt Rally Finishers/ Cognoscente Group winners/Utah 1088 winners/Spank winners/MERA members, etc - signed up for this event. 21 riders showed up to the starting line in Alamo, Nevada. I was hoping to add a few additional Nevada BBGs to the list. I was wrong.

We will add SIXTEEN names on the list! (for various rides, pending the riders sending their forms to the IBA)

The Nevada Stampede produced no less than three (3) riders earning BBG 1800++Day status:

:: Matt Watkins - 2005 Yamaha FJR1300
:: Justin Philipson - 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa
:: Marc "Fish" Fischer - 1999 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird "Redneck Valdez"

Two more riders earned their way into the sparsely populated 1800+Mile Club:

:: Erik Lipps - 2009 Yamaha FJR1300
:: Marc Beaulac - 2008 Honda GL1800

8 riders completed the All-Nevada BBG. 1 rider completed an All Nevada SS1K and 2 riders completed an All Nevada BB. One FJR rider had to drop out due to rear tire issues, along with his riding partner also dropping out; two riders got tired and wisely elected to be safe and drop out of the ride, and one rider became sick during the ride and had to drop out.

All miles produced by all riders were in Nevada.

Congratulations to all Nevada Stampede players who achieved the goals that they were after. And the next time any of you see Matt Watkins, you should immediately go up and shake his hand. Trust me.

Thanks to Lisa Erbes for her support and for all she has done with Eddie's Road. And a huge thanks to Brian Casey, our Routemaster, whose work made this all possible.

Doug Barrett
TLNS Rallymaster
IBA #456

Last edited by a moderator:
Pathfinder, that is immediatly after the finish at the Alamo Sinclair gas station.

Justin Philipson completed a difficult route that went all over the state of Nevada, with no repetition involved.

As for Ignacio, stand by for the details as they come out.

I am calling it the greatest ride recovery EVER.

Check out the eyeballs...

Do you see what I see?

omg2.gif

Check out the eyeballs...Do you see what I see?

omg2.gif
If you're referring to the guy on the right I'll give you choices:

• The steely eyed determination of a competitive personality.
  • His bunions hurt.
  • He's worried somebody will ask pesky questions about how his PR3 exploded after only 2700 miles of use.
  • He's actually this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the eyeballs...Do you see what I see?

omg2.gif
LMAO - After the 2009 IBR when they were putting together the video, both Dean and Lisa complimented me on how fresh I looked and how "perfect" my makeup was after Leg 2. In reality, there was no freshness and no makeup - it was 100% windburn and panic. But hey, as long as it looks good on film that's all that matters, right?
laugh.png
And you guys are looking really good on film - Nicely done, gentlemen!
punk.gif

Looking forward to a RR Iggy!

Congratulations DB on running a very successful rally and for producing so many great and memorable rides.

You can buy the poutine, but the beer is on me.
no.gif

GZ

Very impressive Rally Doug. Congratulations to all the riders and extra KUDOS to the Winners. As always Safety is Paramount.

Very impressive Rally Doug. Congratulations to all the riders and extra KUDOS to the Winners. As always Safety is Paramount.
There were no "winners". According to my bank account, I was a big looser :) .

Doug and Brian put on an awesome event, and anyone that got a chance to participate in it was a winner in my books.

P.S. - My throttle shoulder still hurts a little!

There were no "winners". According to my bank account, I was a big looser
smile.png
Doug and Brian put on an awesome event, and anyone that got a chance to participate in it was a winner in my books.
I hear 'ya. I figure I spent right about $400 in fuel for the ride alone. The FJR seems to get atrocious fuel economy in that area of Nevada for some reason....