2013 Team Lyle Nevada Stampede

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the 2013 Team Lyle Nevada Stampede, which will take place May 17 - 19, 2013, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting 2012 Team Lyle Alamo Express, which produced 12 certified All Nevada BBGs, one All Nevada Bun Burner 1500, one All Nevada BBG 1800+, as well as a rather unique SS2000 Gold. In addition, the riders made quite a generous donation to Eddie's Road, which exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions helped make last year's Alamo Express a better event, and to Lisa Erbes, whose Eddie's Road is making a difference helping troubled teens, some of whom may end up motorcycle riders, or perhaps even LD riders, if history is any indication.

https://teamlyle-nevadastampede.com/

https://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2013/index.php

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett

IBA #456

Rally Master

Brian Casey

IBA #25,366

Route Master

Greg Marbach

IBA #327

Mileage Coach

Dog gone Doug !

I have committed to a ride in Texas for May 16-18, otherwise I would be on your list of riders.

Is this gonna be an every year thing? Maybe next year for me as this sounds like some good riding.

I have been wanting to attempt that SS2000 Gold !!! (Then I can have a plate like my hero)
punk.gif

Thanks Doug, Brian, and Greg for organizing this event again. I had a blest last year.

What is a Mileage Coach? Sounds very interesting.......Never heard that term before...is it like a life coach or something to help us poor souls get through a lot of miles in a 24 hour period? How do I sign up for some individual lessons?

Thanks Doug, Brian, and Greg for organizing this event again. I had a blest last year.
What is a Mileage Coach? Sounds very interesting.......Never heard that term before...is it like a life coach or something to help us poor souls get through a lot of miles in a 24 hour period? How do I sign up for some individual lessons?
In addition to the base routes of 1500 and 1800 miles, which are pre-approved by the IBA, the Mileage Coach can provide advice and mentoring on choosing an 1800++ route, based on your specific situation, to help you meet your 24-hour mileage goals, whatever they might be. Skooter has some special qualifications, knowledge, and experience for this task, as you can imagine.

In addition to the base routes of 1500 and 1800 miles, which are pre-approved by the IBA, the Mileage Coach can provide advice and mentoring on choosing an 1800++ route, based on your specific situation, to help you meet your 24-hour mileage goals, whatever they might be. Skooter has some special qualifications, knowledge, and experience for this task, as you can imagine.
Some call it a Kaiser blade....I call him Skooter Blade. Mmmm...I like them french fried potaters, Nevada two-laners, and high miles I reckon'. Mmmm.

slingblade-003.jpg

he helps with planning optimal routes or tweaking yours. It was fun last year and Skooter did put up an impressive number of miles ;)

I just hope I can do 1500 on this bike . . . lol, bustin ass to get into shape and have been stressed over bike prep. Sent scoot a hotmail days ago to see if he could take a look at my bike since I do all the work & have no one to check things over .

Thanks !, 1/27th Wolfhounds

Thought Id ride over & meet for lunch or dinner somewhere or just meetup if around. No real worries but I designed/built a fuel cell mount & it's always better to get another opinion. I think for AZ scoot would probably have seen more than most & most certainly has an opinion !

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spoke to SkooterG, and he is nervous about his record.

That says something about the quality of the Open Class riders, and it is something I never thought would happen.

22 already signed up, and still room for a few as there are a few beds and rooms available in Alamo.