2014-12-24 Christmas Eve Commute

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smile.png
like it Don

A small oil leak at the CCT? Maybe not too messy BUT the leak is most likely due to one or both of the bolts backing out! (Especially with the CCT under load from the springs.) How much do you want to put ANOTHER replacement engine into KrZy8? Please check ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
A small oil leak at the CCT? Maybe not too messy BUT the leak is most likely due to one or both of the bolts backing out! (Especially with the CCT under load from the springs.) How much do you want to put ANOTHER replacement engine into KrZy8? Please check ASAP.
I didn't check the bottom one, but the top is snuggly tight. There is no visible gap between the CCT and block, and it doesn't wiggle. I'm due for a valve check soon so it will be fixed then. and no, I don't wanna put another engine in. what a pita that is. besides, FJRay is stuck in a snowdrift somewhere... :whistle:

I didn't check the bottom one, but the top is snuggly tight. There is no visible gap between the CCT and block, and it doesn't wiggle. I'm due for a valve check soon so it will be fixed then. and no, I don't wanna put another engine in. what a pita that is. besides, FJRay is stuck in a snowdrift somewhere...
whistle.gif
I still think Richard owes you a warranty repair on that CCT. He had it out three times and it still leaks.