2014 Red Yamaha FJR 1300 A in Woodinville, WA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
Just saw one today at Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, WA and yes that red is really good looking.

And no this is not the AE with the new suspension. In fact they did not have a ship date on the AE yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AE does exist currently, just not available in north America. And yes, no doubt the old man meant the ES.

ah yes, es .... now where did I put my glasses
mda.gif

I call B.S. If this sighting had really happened there would have been pics.

My dealer in Baton Rouge called me today to make sure I was still interested and to let me know that they don't know when they will get a '14 FJR.

No really, I saw it too! It's too bright of a red if you ask me. My 2007 is a nice dark red, that thing is practically neon!

Pics probably don't do it much justice, but it looks like red lipstick and just a wee bit too "not that there's anything wrong with that" for this homophobe. :) It will be interesting to see one in person.

I still think it has nothing on Auburn's red FJR but not a bad looking 2014 bike, thanks for sharing Niehart
smile.png

I look at that virgin bike and think what a royal pain in the ass to farkle it up correctly...
Me thinks I'll find some red painters tape and make KrZy8 into a '14 model...
fuck.gif
You don't know how on the money this is. I moved all my farkles from my Gen1 to my Gen3.

Never mind the stuff that plain old didn't fit that I had to replace (Russell, windshield, sliders, Givi mount) I'm still not done. I've got that full Cogent/Ohlins suspension on the 04. Like bloody hell I'm selling that bike for cheap (100,000 miles on it) with $2000 worth of suspension bits! I'll get around to that over the winter.

I still don't know if I can move over the Hella MicroDE-Xenon HID's over. I love those damn lights but the ballasts are ginormous. I think I can stuff the ballasts in the lower fairing behind the signals. Don't know yet though. No WAY their going to fit in upper cowl anywhere.

A *HUGE* pain in the ass. This absolutely should be factored into the purchase/no purchase equation.

But worth it for me. :D

Pics probably don't do it much justice, but it looks like red lipstick and just a wee bit too "not that there's anything wrong with that" for this homophobe.
smile.png
It will be interesting to see one in person.
So far all the pics have been taken indoors under the glare of florescent spot lights which tint everything yellow and give no indication of true color. Wait to see one in person.

Yeah no question - by the time all is said and done, a complete refarkle is going to be spendy.....

By the time you factor it all in for a proper refarkle, its easy for me to see one is well into the $20K realm IMO....

They had it out back in the sunshine when I went. I should have taken a pic then, but I didn't think about it.

The color is different than any of the pictures posted so far.

I call B.S. If this sighting had really happened there would have been pics.
Yeah...seems weak.
Seemed suspect to me too...but I got pics from Pops! One of these days... we need to teach him how to post pics.

14FJR_zps8b6f1f51.jpg

--G
I think I like the 13 color better.

I'm all for breast cancer awareness month, but 12 months out of the year is too much for me.

Maybe I'll get one of those cool Cobalt Blue 2012s.

I think I like the 13 color better. I'm all for breast cancer awareness month, but 12 months out of the year is too much for me...
Looking at the nearly white Hi-Viz helmets in the background and the sky blue Shoei throw rug I'm thinking that the picture is extremely color washed out and the bike is no place close to pink. Apparently there aren't any '14s here in New England that I could go take a look at. Maybe Yamaha delivery trucks can't cross that big river that runs down through the center of the country
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator: