2016-03-31 KrZy8 Running Rough just above idle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on that system cleanse. 5000 gallons pumped round about?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should give me Naomi for safe keeping and exercise while he gets another 100k on kryz8. I'm without a FJR at the moment.
smile.png
smile.png
It would only be ridden by an old fat guy going to church on the weekend.
rolleyes.gif

I think he should give me Naomi for safe keeping and exercise while he gets another 100k on kryz8. I'm without a FJR at the moment.
smile.png
smile.png
It would only be ridden by an old fat guy going to church on the weekend.
rolleyes.gif
Well, that leaves you out.

smile.png

Ray, interesting idea. I have a veritable ton of farkles for Naomi that need installing. And installed clean, pro. Let me chew on this one for a bit. Maybe...

..and of course.. if you give Wheatie a wedgie and have it on video, it's a done deal! :whistle:

Glad you got the old girl back on the road, Don. You do the community a great service by showing us her longevity.

FWIW - The next time you have to dry inside of something like that fuel tank, you could speed things up by using a hair dryer with a length of 2" PVC for a nozzle extension, rather than the cold air from a leaf blower. I had the "opportunity" to dry out my waterproof, high top, Gaerne dual sport boots this week. They are still waterproof, except when you lay down in 8" of water apparently. Anyway, the hair dryer technique worked quick and easy.

And to recap, all of the recent woes you've just encountered were caused by a home made, aux fuel cell, right? So the bike itself never did have any problem. Good to know that an unmolested FJR will be able to run over 200k miles with no major issues.

Mine is still doing herky-jerks just over idle. No JBWeld involved. Will likely wait until cold weather to let the dealer and Yamaha take another shot.