2018 Ride Planning - Who, Where, When and What

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the end of January, I'm going to try something brand new. Snowmobiling. Talk about a fish out of (frozen) water.
I bet this adventure could have pants considering a retirement locale in the Colorado / Wyoming / Idaho area. Some feel sorry for our northern members having to park their bikes but once a snowmobile is introduced it is not a sacrifice after all.

Pants - enjoy! Get that sucker out on a frozen lake and let it rip.

Two Atlanta trips. One to the Mackinac Bridge (Atlanta, KY, IN, and MI), and one to Niagara Falls (Atlanta, DE, and NY). The Reuben Run trip will bag Atlanta, IL, WI, MN on the way out, and MO on the way back. If possible, the Niagara trip will dovetail with NERDS.
Hud, depending on how much of a purist you are, I'm still willing to pad your count with the hack shown below. And without actually facing felony charges for defacing property. Could maybe be fit in on the way to MO?

Atlantic_Sign_copy.jpg

Atlanta_Sign.jpg

Atlantic_Locale.jpg

I'm just here to serve...

150+ laps at Laguna Seca - target 1:48

200+ laps at Thunderhill - target 2:10

100+ laps at Buttonwillow - target 2:15

Black Hills Roundup is the only long trip planned in '18 - I'm expecting the total trip to be at least 12 days. Planning a leisurely trek there and back with multiple stops on the way and on the way home.

Other than that not sure how much long range riding there will be - I'm going to shoot for 8-10 track days and that eats up a lot of good will at home :(