2020 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that there bike is offered in the U.S. market, I am going to order one. It will be my final..final FJR. At 77 years old the road is getting shorter.  
Seems to be an age thingy. I'm 77 as well. Maybe it's only for our age group? ? If you can find it, order 2... I'll send you a check same day!

Further research revealed that the picture comes from the German motorcycle magazine "Motorrad". I have a good friend near Frankfurt who owns a Triumph/Yamaha/Benelli Dealership. I have emailed him the picture and asked for additional info. Will post info when I get a reply...

Kinda reminds me of when toyota made all there emblems and wheels gold on certain models. Seemed awfly gaudy at the time.

Just sayin, Dave

OK. Got the skinny on this bike (2020 FJR1300 Ultimate Edition) from my German connection. Also spoke with Victor at Yamaha District office in Cyprus, CA today.

First Yamaha USA (Victor) had no idea what I was talking about (OF course !). They referred me to their website, which, as we all know, has no info on this bike.

Here is the info I received from Germany: My dealer-friend receives one (1!!) of these bikes in March 2020. He is looking into whether he can get more, but it is doubtful. The pricing is as follows: Bike €19,999 or app. $24,000 including their 19% VAT which maybe  (???) refundable if exported from the EU. To this come addl. costs (Setup, etc.) of app €500.00 or $ 600. If exported to CA than you will have to add freight to San Pedro, CA of app. $2,000 incl. crating. In CA you will have to pay the  CA Sales Tax of app. 10% at registration which would be  also around $ 2000 including registration. You will also need to pay import duty which may run 20% roughly, or $4,000. So all together (If EU VAT Tax is NOT refunded) would be 24000 + 600+2000+2000+4000. This equals App. $ 32,600 IF (and this is a big IF) you can successfully export/import/license one of these in the US or specifically in CA.

I am still looking into the specs of this bike to see if there is anything that makes it a bit more special than just the gold rims

Your thoughts???

From their UK brochure:

It’s the FJR1300AE Ultimate Edition – and the name speaks for itself! Dressed in a premium black/gold finish and fitted with exclusive features including a black seat with gold stitching – as well as a high screen, wind
deflectors, gold wheels and hard side cases–this is your chance to ride with an icon.
It has a gold stripe along to top of the tank with an "Ultimate Edition" badge, possibly with a limited edition number. 

If you are allowed to view it from outside of the UK, try this link.

From their UK brochure:

It has a gold stripe along to top of the tank with an "Ultimate Edition" badge, possibly with a limited edition number. 

If you are allowed to view it from outside of the UK, try this link.
Thanks for the tech specs. Seems to be standard US ES version with some gold tape. "Hard side cases" are standard on all US versions. No charge. The "touring screen" is a option for $ 200. Powdercoating wheels can be easily done for less than $1000. According to Yamaha US website the price for the 2020 black US ES version is $17,999.00 list. For less than $20K,  you can have a US version including tax, license and those small mods.

All seems hardly worth all the trouble outlined in my previous post...

OK. Got the skinny on this bike (2020 FJR1300 Ultimate Edition) from my German connection. Also spoke with Victor at Yamaha District office in Cyprus, CA today.

First Yamaha USA (Victor) had no idea what I was talking about (OF course !). They referred me to their website, which, as we all know, has no info on this bike.

Here is the info I received from Germany: My dealer-friend receives one (1!!) of these bikes in March 2020. He is looking into whether he can get more, but it is doubtful. The pricing is as follows: Bike €19,999 or app. $24,000 including their 19% VAT which maybe  (???) refundable if exported from the EU. To this come addl. costs (Setup, etc.) of app €500.00 or $ 600. If exported to CA than you will have to add freight to San Pedro, CA of app. $2,000 incl. crating. In CA you will have to pay the  CA Sales Tax of app. 10% at registration which would be  also around $ 2000 including registration. You will also need to pay import duty which may run 20% roughly, or $4,000. So all together (If EU VAT Tax is NOT refunded) would be 24000 + 600+2000+2000+4000. This equals App. $ 32,600 IF (and this is a big IF) you can successfully export/import/license one of these in the US or specifically in CA.

I am still looking into the specs of this bike to see if there is anything that makes it a bit more special than just the gold rims

Your thoughts???
My thoughts?

Have some decals made, rims painted, and save about $16,000.00.

Seriously, NO FJR is worth that price.

Perhaps we are jumping the gun here. Let's wait until the U.S. models are officially concluded. Perhaps Yamaha will realize the is a large interest in this model and decide to mak it available here. Just a thought.   :bike:

Like the other color "fake chrome", those too will fall off in a year or so...

(sigh)

I wish Mama Yammie would listen to their customers.  She is not alone - they all neglect to do so....

Those of you that are considering buying the Ultimate Edition aren't thinking this through. Yes by all means buy it. Buy it and take delivery of it in Europe. Spend a month or more touring Europe and then ship it home. Some of you are retired and this would be the ultimate bucket list trip.

Go big!

Joe

Pretty sure that the overall system is stainless.  Yamaha sells the Akrapovic as an accessory, I think...
I know they sell Yosh cans as an accessory but maybe over there also Akrapovics?  Can't make it out but is seems to be labeled FJR under the name.