28th RoadRunner Rally May 15-17th 2009 Heber, AZ!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Fellow FJR Forum Members: Please consider yourself invited to the 28th Annual Roadrunner Rally held at Camp Shadow Pines, near Heber, Arizona. A weekend of great riding, food and camping awaits you in the cool pines of Northern Arizona!

This has been well attended by the Arizona FJR Forum in years past and I would like to extend an invite to all FJR owners.

The Rally is sponsored by my BMW Club AZ Beemers and your rally fee includes camping and dinner Friday and Saturday night, continuous coffee, clean restrooms and hot showers. There is evening entertainment - with two types of music, both country and western! There is a dual sport ride, a poker run, door prize drawings and tech sessions on schone Kraut Krap!

If you don't like to camp, you can reserve a bunk for $12.50 a night, just bring your sleeping bag and an inflatable pillow.

Registration is just $39 before April 15; $5 more after 4/15 at the gate for $44. More info: Call Don Stanley 602-722-0427.

https://www.azbeemers.org/rally2009.php

Participant(s) Information

Street Address

Street Address

Required Information

May 15-17, 2009

Club Affiliation

City, State, Zip Code

Registration Information ( Please Print Clearly)

Telephone Number

Rider

City, State, Zip Code

Rally Costs if Registration is Postmarked:

Passenger/2nd Rider

Heber, AZ 2009

Camp Shadow Pines

2009 Roadrunner Rally

# of Adults 16 and older: = =

# of Children between 6-15: = =

(Children 5 and under are free.)

=

T-shirt sizes: M L XL XXL XXXL = =

T-shirt sizes: M L XL XXL XXXL = =

=

Grand Total

X X

For more information, please contact Clint Alston by email at: [email protected] or

call him at (602) 818-3591.

2. Reserve your LONG sleeved, mock turtle neck Rally T-shirts by size(s):

3. Reserve your SHORT sleeved, mock turtle neck Rally T-shirts by size(s):

4. Reserve your Roadrunner Rally baseball cap(s):

After April 15th

$ - @$44.00 $ -

Before April 15th

Rider Signature: I have read and agree to the above release. 2nd Rider/Passenger Signature: I have read and agree to the above

@ $19.00 $ -

I understand that AZ Beemers cannot assume responsibility for any aspect of my safety and that if I participate in this event, I do

so voluntarily based upon my own judgment and assessment of my abilities, road/site conditions, facilities, and all other risks and

potential conditions. I further release and hold AZ Beemers, its officers and directors, its members or any other person or

organizations connected with this event, harmless for any injury or losses to my person or property which may result there from. I

understand that this means that I agree not to sue AZ Beemers, its officers and directors, its members or any other person or

organizations connected with this event, for any losses I may suffer as a result of my participation in this event. No minor may

participate without a parent or accompanied by an adult with written, notarized authorization from the minor's legal guardian.

AZ Beemers at P.O. Box 2887; Chandler, AZ 85244-2887. (Sorry, no refunds.)

Please, No Firearms or Pets / Camping space will NOT be available on Thursday, May 14!!!

-

make your check payable to "AZ Beemers" and mail the completed form to:

You can pay with PayPal or use your credit card on the Website, or

$ -

@ $25.00 $ -

@ $15.00

@ $12.50

@$39.00

1. Reserve a Bunk Bed for each person for 1 or 2 nights; total number of nights: $ -

@$20.00 $ - @$22.50 $ -

release.

Thought it might be informational showing times / mileages to RoadRunner Rally for some very prominent FJR Forum Riders:

SkooterG - 2 hours/130 miles - Scottsdale, Arizona

HotRodZilla - 4 hours/275 miles - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Fz1 Pilot - 6.5 hours/425 miles - El Paso, Texas

Pinhead - 8.5 hours/475 miles - Gunnison, Colorado

Fairlaner - 8 hours/ 525 miles - Torrance, California (of course, since it is Richard; you can reduce the hours to 5.5!)

MadMike2 - 13.5 hours/900 miles - Elk Grove, California

WheatonFJR - 24 hours/1610 miles - Wheaton, Illinois

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Don,

This rally sounds great. I can go as long as I find a home for my dogs that weekend because my wife and two daughters are heading to Phoenix to attend my third daughters wedding shower. I hope its not too late to get signed up. Its always a lot of fun riding with the Beemers and the FJR riders.

Big-D

Hey Don,
This rally sounds great. I can go as long as I find a home for my dogs that weekend because my wife and two daughters are heading to Phoenix to attend my third daughters wedding shower. I hope its not too late to get signed up. Its always a lot of fun riding with the Beemers and the FJR riders.

Big-D
Big Dan The Man: I am very glad that you are interested in attending our Roadrunner Rally! Do you have a PetsMart store in Lake Havasu City with a PetsHotel in it? I have a PetsMart with a PetsHotel in it nearby in Tempe and they do a great job of caring for Bear my Labrador Retriever and Gary my Tabby Cat when I am out on my motorcycle adventures. Were you planning on camping or hoteling it at the Rally? Son Seth and I were just going to camp out, but if I knew that you were coming and wished to stay in a hotel, I would book a room with three beds in it at the Best Western Hotel in Heber, Arizona.

Home phone number's still 480-917-3863 and my email is still [email protected] Please do let me know when you know!

Looks good! Now that I'm all signed up, I finally get a chance to try out my new (old) camping gear. Now I just hope I can get everything to fit.

I've been wanting to ride around Colorado a bit, so maybe after this 3-day trip, I'll head north towards Durango. Perhaps cruse by where the "Four Corners" used to be.

Saw the weather report on television this morning where they mentioned we (Zonnies) will have beautiful weather for at least the next 20 days. Sounds great to me.

"GREETINGS FROM CAMP SHADOW PINES, AN OUTSTANDING ARIZONA CAMP FACILITY FOR SCHOOL, CHURCH, AND FAMILY REUNION RETREATS. [SIZE=14pt]HANDICAPPED GROUPS ARE OUR SPECIALTY AND WE ARE 100% WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE. [/SIZE]

Just sayin'.. :rofl: