2GB Flash Memory In A Garmin 2610

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red2kcbr

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a 2GB flash memory card in a Garmin 2610? I'm running a 1GB right now, and it holds ALMOST every map I need. A 2GB would be perfect. If you've gotten one to work, which manufacturer was it?

Has anyone tried a 2GB flash memory card in a Garmin 2610? I'm running a 1GB right now, and it holds ALMOST every map I need. A 2GB would be perfect. If you've gotten one to work, which manufacturer was it?
I use a Kingston 2GB flash card with no problems in my 2610. It has enough space to hold all of the maps. I always have a second card for backup.

I do not want to out do you guys, but I have a 4 GB compact flash card.... I think the name on it says data

and yes, it's lots :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
that's fine. the trick is that 2gb is all that's needed to upload all the detail maps for the entire USA into the 2610. anything more than that is wasted.

I have a 4G flash card and loaded the entire North America/Canada map into it. I don't think that brand matters in this case--I have a Scandisc for whatever its worth.