360 Fly Camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bseelbach

Reaction score
Perhaps it's been discussed but forum search and google search didn't come up with anything. The gang may jump on me and point out 7 other threads but it's new to me so I'll share.

My cousin just picked up one of these and sent a link to a video over the weekend. The camera takes a 360 view and you can move your phone or arrow keys on a computer to navigate around the video to see any view 360 around and 240 up/down.

I wasted enough money being an early adopter on various palm pilots and ipods that I'm not a buyer but it is pretty cool technology.

Bell is also looking to incorporate it in a helmet. https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/bell-and-360fly-team-up-on-smart-helmet

Cool stuff. If you haven't played with some of the 360 videos on youtube with your phone or tablet I highly recommend you do so. Not as cool on the computer because as you pan the phone/tablet around it moves the view. This is one of the best ones.

This 360 camera would be good for my commute. I've run the camera as I had a friend who's camera saved some legal mess on a he said/she said accident where a car hit his bike. Also, witnessed an accident but wasn't asked for a statement till a year later. Would have been nice to just hand over a video. Still, the downside of the GoPro on my helmet is I have to be looking where the action is happening. If you get rear ended in traffic, that's hard to do with my setup, but a 360 camera would solve that issue.

I just wish the helmet wasn't a Bell.

Finally got to watch the above video.

So...the reason for non removable battery or memory is being stated that it is because it's sealed to be waterproof. So...how exactly do you charge it?

I call BS, they could have made removable battery or memory but it was likely more about $$$ and aesthetic design than it being a "WaterProof" issue.

Cool stuff. If you haven't played with some of the 360 videos on youtube with your phone or tablet I highly recommend you do so. Not as cool on the computer because as you pan the phone/tablet around it moves the view. This is one of the best ones.
This 360 camera would be good for my commute. I've run the camera as I had a friend who's camera saved some legal mess on a he said/she said accident where a car hit his bike. Also, witnessed an accident but wasn't asked for a statement till a year later. Would have been nice to just hand over a video. Still, the downside of the GoPro on my helmet is I have to be looking where the action is happening. If you get rear ended in traffic, that's hard to do with my setup, but a 360 camera would solve that issue.

I just wish the helmet wasn't a Bell.
Some are not truly a 360 view.

, 360Fly is actually 240 deg so I'm curious as to whether it captures directly behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some are not truly a 360 view.
7 minutes wasted. He never demonstrated what he was talking about. He mentions 240 degrees vs 260. Looking at the actual camera specs they do show a field of view of 240 degrees, that's up and down. Looks like it still does 360 around horizontally.

I also get what he was saying, but I think it's kind of funny that he's upset that he has a hard time recording video of his subjects without their knowledge. I mean, yea, you don't want people sticking their faces in the camera at all times, but still...

In the end, I'd rather have seen him try to put some proof to his claims rather than sit and blather on about how concealable it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts