Scouting Report - Williamsport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to much to organize. Just show up llke the ramble. I could see myself arriving in PA on a tuesday spending a couple days and heading to Ohio for Friday. Ride a couple of days and then head home. The rooms are cheap enough. Of course the queen would have to aprove. It will be her birthday weekend.

Edit:

PA, may 1'st arrive

PA, May 2'nd ride

PA, May 3'rd ride again

OH, May 4'th Arive SEO

OH, May 5'th ride

OH, May 6'th head home

Now your making me plan something,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
NEOM May 11-13 at the Genetti. Done.
Anyone bringing SO? ( It is Mothers Day weekend. )
Robert,

Do you have any info...did you manage to get a group rate at the hotel? Might want to start a new thread...to let folks know that this is a real thing, and is going to happen

When I get home from work I can PM someone the contact info for the manager I spoke with. As stated I'll be happy to help with what I can.

Subscribed. It'll probably have to be a late decision due to scheduling here but that's an area I've been wanting to explore for awhile.

Quote: Do you have any info...did you manage to get a group rate at the hotel? Might want to start a new thread...to let folks know that this is a real thing, and is going to happen

Lots of maybes, no real commitment. We even have one guy going the wrong week. LOL

The last time we had a group stay at the Genetti I think we paid about $60 a night. ( Approx. 125 rooms booked. )

I dont know what they would do for a Ramble size group.

I think the contact persons name was Andrea. Not certain.

When I went up for the weekend in early November to scout the area I spoke to Marc Schefsky. He gave me his card and is the General Manager. I didn't inquire at the time about group rates but he told me they'd be happy to discuss setting something up for a group. Ph. 570-601-8003 or 800-321-1388.

I'm not a gambler but I could see donating a few dollars to Monhegan Sun, which appears to be somewhat close. My thanks to Fred for suggesting the updated title of North east o.m. I'm liking this central, fun get-together for us up closer to the 45th.

Quote: Do you have any info...did you manage to get a group rate at the hotel? Might want to start a new thread...to let folks know that this is a real thing, and is going to happen
Lots of maybes, no real commitment. We even have one guy going the wrong week. LOL

The last time we had a group stay at the Genetti I think we paid about $60 a night. ( Approx. 125 rooms booked. )

I dont know what they would do for a Ramble size group.

I think the contact persons name was Andrea. Not certain.
Well for a couple of beers you could twist my arm a bit and I could think of doing it in reverse order. Doing PA after the Ramble. But then I may have to scramble.

Dave

Chuck,

Since EOM 2018 will be held in Maggie Valley, NC you might want to edit the title to this thread...to avoid any confusion.
smile.png

https://www.newenglandriders.org/Williamsport/Williamsport_Rides.htm
Dave,

This is the link that someone else on here had posted when I made this trip. I think Bungie was the person who first posted them but am no longer certain. If you're serious about making a trip there let me know if available I'd consider meeting up with you.
I will know more hopefully after this weekend. I am thinking of combining this into the SEO Ramble either before or after. I am flexable. Right now I put in for 5 days off. If need be I can move it. Most likely the wifey will be along for the ride unless things change.

Dave

Im glad to see this thread float to the top once again.

I really hope something comes together for this year.

June and July are wide open for me. Hint hint...

There had been a mention at one point of doing something here the weekend after SEO. Not sure if I can swing the cost of both knowing I'm heading to Spearfish in late June for that meet. Now if they draw the right numbers on Friday for the Mega Millions.......

As I tried to report the area is really nice and did have a fair amount to offer. Roads are not like we had at EM events but still lots of fun to ride. The hotel is absolutely one of the nicest I've ever stayed in at that price level and the staff was really exceptional.Now the flip side is this is only about 2 hours from me so I could be convinced to pop in for a visit.....

I'm in. Many good roads up here in PA. I've ridden a lot of these posted from above. Speeds are lower and summer traffic can be an issue on some of them small groups can pass. Holidays mostly.

Average moving speeds can be 45-55 back roads through the woods. State forest, game lands and big woods in a lot of it. North of Williamsport woods. South more population.