500 Mile Lunch Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Went from central GA to middle TN for lunch and back yesterday. Got me to thinking how much stupid stuff has become normal. A driver who knew exactly where I was pulled into my lane while even with me, forcing me onto the shoulder. He figured I'd just slam on my brakes and disappear I suppose. Wrong. 5 drivers pulled in front of me in the last 90 minutes of the day. Dark, Friday night, not paying attention. Not a great time to be out. All's well that ends well, I suppose. Heated gear got its first test. Mid 40 forecast for the mountains turned out to be lower 30's. Jacket liner was great. Ample, even heat, even though I was only wearing a sedici shell over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So where'd you go for lunch?

I've got to admit, there aren't any places in Georgia that I would drive for lunch ... not that there aren't good places in Georgia.

I ride pretty often to eat lunch at The Chop House in Murfreesboro. Also Thai Spice and Jim 'n Nicks in the Boro.

Nashville used to draw me for lunch on a whim. But the traffic is so terrible these days that I usually skirt it on 840 unless I absolutely have to go in.

Nashville traffic will make you really appreciate having an AE version of the FJR.

The Plantation in Dickson, TN. It was very good. I lived in Nashville for years. Don't really miss it. I went around on 840. I had lunch with my father.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll have to check it out. I ride with a guy in Hickman County occasionally. He's an HD guy, and a R-T-E is always welcome.

Got a Jim-N-Nick's right around the corner on East-West Parkway. May have to see if the mac and cheese in Mufreesboro tastes as good as it does in Smyrna.

Jim-N-Nicks has some good Q, and dang that mac n cheese is awesome. I've been to their Concord, NC, and Charleston, SC locations. Consistent quality.