597 Miles today!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDXFJR

Reaction score
My ass HURTS!!!!!! Hit some great roads though. We left Coure D'lane, Idaho at 6:30am. Gas and go stops only, no lunch (just snacks at the gas stops). We went south on 95 to Palouse over to Colfax, south @ Dusty to Walla Walla, 84 to Arlington, then the famous Condon, Fossil, Antelope, Madras, over the Santiam pass and home to Canby. 597.2 miles on the speedo.

Got home @ 4:45pm. LONG day, but worth it. Rode in and out of rain the first 250 miles. Then we broke out and nothing but sunshine the rest of the way. I'm getting old, is 8:00pm too early to go to bed?

Ray

You rode in some of God's best country today. North central and northeast Oregon have some of my favorite roads. I'm jealous. If you're going to log those kind of miles on a regular basis and haven't upgraded your seat, it's time to consider it. I think Sargeant makes the best non-custom aftermarket stuff. My wife has one on her VFR, and while it's no Russell, it is damn good, especially if sporty riding is in your routine.

If you're going to go that far, what's another 403 miles? C'mon, 597 ain't that tough! :rolleyes:

I put in 450 today and my ass hurts, you got over 150 for me today, I went over the Cascade Hwy 20 down to Levenworth and back on Stevens Pass, a pracitce ride before CFR.

Marcus

Last edited by a moderator:
You rode in some of God's best country today. North central and northeast Oregon have some of my favorite roads. I'm jealous. If you're going to log those kind of miles on a regular basis and haven't upgraded your seat, it's time to consider it. I think Sargeant makes the best non-custom aftermarket stuff. My wife has one on her VFR, and while it's no Russell, it is damn good, especially if sporty riding is in your routine.

I actually already have a Rich's Custom that I wouldn't trade for anything. I couldn't imagine that ride without it. Even with it, just sitting in the saddle that long is tough

I actually already have a Rich's Custom that I wouldn't trade for anything. I couldn't imagine that ride without it. Even with it, just sitting in the saddle that long is tough
Keep at it. It gets easier. The next thing you know you've fallen under Kneebone's evil plan...