A 12 hour BC quickie

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
Yesterday, Monday, looked like being our best day yet, a flurry of e-mails resulted in eight people agreeing to go for a ride, five actually turned up - not bad.

Unfortunately I forgot my Hero camera and didn't take many pictures.

We decided to take Hwy 1 to Revelstoke, picking up a rider from Vernon in Sicamous. This meant a stop at 'Timmy's' for coffee and a muffin.

Then a run down Hwy 23 to the Arrow Lakes Galena Bay/Shelter Bay ferry. I tried shooting pictures with my digital camera over the screen, I obviously need more practice as only one picture was decent.

Our timing was perfect, with virtually no lineup and only a ten minute wait. Still enough time to bullshit.

An excellent day for a cruise.

Lunch in Nakusp. Sorry, no food pics just one leaving the cafe.

Then Hwy 6 to the Faquier ferry. Had to wait three sailings as it is a small ferry but it is a short ride. More BS time.

Then Hwy 6 back to Vernon, one of my favorite roads despite dozens of 'forest rats' and a black bear - the Hero is now in my tank bag for next time! Then Hwy 97 home to Kamloops.

My apologies for not alerting local forum members, this was a spur-of-the-moment thing.

Al.

You guys look like the Laminar Lip brigade. Couldn't help but notice that most of the bikes had them bug catchers on the windshields...

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys look like the Laminar Lip brigade. Couldn't help but notice that most of the bikes had them bug catchers on the windshields...
Gary

darksider #44
I'm the Lip's biggest fan.
smile.png
The silver VStrom was mine and I sold it with the Lip on. The guy with the red Strom was so impressed he installed one. I'm working on the GS and the Connie owners.

Al.

Those roads look familiar...and the sun is shining!

Thanks for posting up...and reminding me of good times from before.

...and

Last edited by a moderator: