Accu Gauge Not latching the pressure

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7xray

Reaction score
My Accu Gage stopped latching the pressure and I was reluctant to use the mild violence techniques suggested here

So I emailed G. H. Meiser to find out what was up and they reply within a couple of hours with the following:

=====

The most common cause for a gauge to not hold the reading is dirt getting into the check valve. You can clean the check valve yourself.

Hold the gauge with the hose pointing UP and unscrew the cap that holds the hose onto the gauge body (the part with the bleed button on it) and gently pull the hose off of the gauge. Inside you will find a black rubber disk, a plastic disk and a conical spring.

Clean the disks, the inside of the gauge body where they came out of and the end of the fitting up inside the cap on the hose with a dry lint free cloth.

Reassemble the gauge by putting the spring in to the gauge body large end down then the plastic disk and then the rubber disk. Push/screw the cap and hose back onto the gauge.

That should solve the problem. If not please send the gauge to:

G. H. Meiser & Co.

Repairs

P.O. Box 315

Posen, IL 60469

We will repair the gauge under the lifetime warranty.

Thank you for using Accu-Gage products.

====

So doing that I found the two disks and the spring missing. The hose had unthreaded itself a couple of days ago in my top box so I found the parts put them back in and worky fine now :yahoo:

Great response from G. H. Meiser and nice gauge for $20.

Cheers,

Fred

I've been real happy with my Accu-Gauge since I bought it two weeks ago. Accurate, easy to use with it holding the pressure reading, and the bleed valve makes it easy to lower the pressure when I overfill the tire.