Add one to the list...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Reaction score
Of bikes delivered without the case locks being loctited on.

Not only that, but the assembler didn't use a security torx bit to do the install, it looks like he did it with needlenose pliers. I have about 450 miles on the bike, and they'd worked their way out to less than finger-tight.

Oh well, disaster averted thanks to this forum :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am finding all kinds of quality work on my fine Japanese FJR. Ugly frame welds, loose(finger tight) steering head bearings, cracked sidebag, 17mpg problem(fixed), only one headlight connected on delivery, improperly balanced front wheel(now fixed). This bike is a real confidence inspirer.

B) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don B @ Sep 7 2006, 05:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I am finding all kinds of quality work on my fine Japanese FJR. Ugly frame welds, loose(finger tight) steering head bearings, cracked sidebag, 17mpg problem(fixed), only one headlight connected on delivery, improperly balanced front wheel(now fixed). This bike is a real confidence inspirer.

Well Don, you can always 'bash a Harley' seems to make most people feel a little better about life around here. By the way my Harley was delivered with '0' defects and hasn't needed any warranty repairs in 10K. Can't comment on my FJR as it was used when I purchased it,but so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Don, you can always 'bash a Harley' seems to make most people feel a little better about life around here. By the way my Harley was delivered with '0' defects and hasn't needed any warranty repairs in 10K. Can't comment on my FJR as it was used when I purchased it,but so far so good.
Let it be recorded that YOU started the 'bash a Harley' sub-thread :blink: Thanks for playing :D