Adios FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Reaction score
Tomorrow I ride my beautiful '11 Silver Bullet to meet her new owner. I've had her for 3 great years and almost 40,000 miles of fun, including many trips up & down the Pacific coast, lots of trips over the Sierra passes, gold country, and Big Sur roads, concluding with a coast-to-coast this past February & March. Wonderful machine with ferocious acceleration, bulletproof reliability, and civilized comfort & smoothness. Problem is, I just turned 70 and have to face the fact that she's a bit more bike than I want to deal with at this point. Been to a couple of FJR functions & met Beemerdons, Johnny 80s, including a nice hug from Tyler, and had a great time. Going to move over to a new Aprilia Caponord in a few days, but I'm sure going to miss the Feejer and the camaradie of this forum. If you see an old geezer on a red Capo, try not to blow my doors off as you pass.

Regards,

Gene Thayer

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been on this forum really all that long Gene, but I have had the good fortune to have attended a few "FJR" meets. What I have learned is we share a love of riding, the comaraderie of fellow riders AND that not all who attend own a venerable feejer.

I don't believe I've read the commandment that states "If thou shalt sell thy FJR, then thou shalt not hang out and share good times with other FJR owners."

Although we have never met, I'd hate to think you felt a need to leave this forum where at the very least it's condusive for the like-minded to meet and BS.

I hope you enjoy your new Aprillia. And see you at a FJR <cough cough> meet some day.

Mike

At SW-FOG, Zzzzzzip showed up on his Tenere, one guy showed up on a Harley, and some other dorks showed up on all sorts of BMW abominations. That meet was a blast. All the different bikes gave us even more tires to kick. No way you should disappear just cuz you change bikes. Hell, Tyler rocks out with a CanAm and no gathering is totally complete without her.

Stick around. At the least, we can use you to distract Don while we run.

Agree with all the above. It's more about the friendships than the platform. So stay in touch.,. tell us about your new ride.. opinions, what works, what doesn't.. It's all good. Just ride.

Maybe a 2014 ES in Touring mode should be in your future ...
smile.png

Good luck with your new toy.

Hmm. 72 in August. Don't want to give up yet. Must keep taking the tablets.

The COG motto is "Join for the bike, stay for the people" That sounds true here also. I have only had my Feejer for 3 weeks and have yet to go to an FJR event, but one will be in my future. BTW, I have been a COG member for 15 years and in that time I have owned 4 bikes that were not Connies. So it looks like you don't have to "leave" the group
smile.png

Agree with all the above. It's more about the friendships than the platform. So stay in touch.,. tell us about your new ride.. opinions, what works, what doesn't.. It's all good. Just ride.
Yes, keep in touch and tell us how you like the new bike.

+1 to what the others have said, plus I, for one, would be really interested to hear your impressions of the Aprilia. It does look like a fun bike.

+1 on all of the above commentary.

I've yet to attend any of the FJR meets but hope someday to make it to at least one. When I do my wife will be along on her Hardley Ableson. Neither of us care what anybody rides, it's the fact they ride at all that gives us common ground. I wanted to attend the NW PA gathering over Memorial Day weekend but we were already signed up for the Mason Dixon 20-20 LD event.

By all means please post of a review of your Aprilia.Maybe someday our paths will cross, but if not, stay safe and keep riding!

70 years old? I hate thinking about its proximity.
fool.gif
So I won't. La la la la... "Always look on the bright side of life ..."

Show up at a FJR gathering on an Aprilia and I guarantee that everyone will want to at least take a good look at it and most will ask a lot of questions about it.
bike.gif

In fact I'll start right now, did you get it with the travel pack?