Adirondacks, Catskills, Vt.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOOOMM

Reaction score
Iris and I are planning to ride on Saturday (8/18) (high 60's (degrees). Anyone interested? We do not have a route set, so we're open to where ever.

Jim

Iris and I are planning to ride on Saturday (8/18) (high 60's (degrees). Anyone interested? We do not have a route set, so we're open to where ever.
Jim
I'd like to join you guys but I have a family thing in Jersey that weekend. You going to EOM this year?

Greg

I'm in Pittsfield, and will prob. be doing some sort of riding this weekend. I'll keep an eye on this thread and/or you can send me a PM.

Jim
Yippie Jim is finally posting on the site! It's only been what 4 years?

Hope to see you at EOM!

I'm booked up this weekend with family stuff. I'm playing hookey tomorrow though and going to be riding right by you to check out the Dacks Hwy 10 to 8 to 28n to Boreas Rd and then slab it back home. I'm expecting to be back in Sturbridge by 1 so you know I'm leaving pretty darn early.

Bill

Greg/Bill,

Unfortunately, we will not be attending this years EOM. You're right Bill, I have been looking over Iris' shoulder for awhile. Hope to see you guys soon.

Bill, as long as you are up on 28N, you should consider continuing on thru Long Lake, Tupper Lake, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid thru Keene Valley and when you get the I87, continue on under the Interstate and take your first left, after the North bound on ramp, on to Route 6 (twisties). At the right speed it's a scream. Pick up 9N and go South along side Lake Champlain and Lake George. You can pick up I87 any where along 9N or in Lake George.

Now that I mentioned it, Iris and I were thinking of perhaps putting a ride together for late Sept. after the EOM, approx. 360 miles (long day) thru the Adirondacks. If not this year, maybe next, dpending on the interest.

Hey jmarran, Iris and I just talked about coming your way and riding by Bish Bash (sp?)Falls on Saturday. Do you have any rides to offer in that area.

Jim

Now that I mentioned it, Iris and I were thinking of perhaps putting a ride together for late Sept. after the EOM, approx. 360 miles (long day) thru the Adirondacks. If not this year, maybe next, dpending on the interest.
Keep me informed and let me know if you have some possible dates.

Jim,

Thanks for the road tips. That 28N was pretty nice along with sections of Boreas.

I went up Hwy10 and found the road had frost heaves shaped like speed bumps at regular intervals. As soon as my bones stopped shaking from one, WAM I'd hit another one.

I got onto Hwy10 from CR116, which had a big warning sign "Fresh oil and Loose rocks". Hmmm what can be better than fresh chipseal? Well just as I thought that the rain came down. Why me?

I'm looking forward to your Adirondack tour!

Bill

Jim,

It's a funny, small world. I just got off the phone with Pat Thompson, the guy you met a few weeks ago on his '05. He works here at General Dynamics with me and we bought our FJRs within a few weeks of each other. The day after he met you he showed up at my desk mentioning a ride in the Adirondacks with you two.

Anyhoo, from the falls, I think the most logical choice of roads would be 23 East to 8 North. Then, there are many options depending on how far/how many miles you want to go.

Perhaps we should establish a time and place to meet up?

Paul,

Iris and I will plan to be at Sweet Sue's in Phoenicia, at say 9:30AM (Sat. 18 Aug.) for a little breakfast. Perhaps you can meet us there. I will PM you with my cell number. After we leave Phoenicia, we can head towards Mass. and maybe meet up with jmarran.

jmarran,

I will PM you as well with my cell number.

Randy/Bill,

Nice to hear from you. We'll keep you posted.

Jim

Paul, Iris and I will plan to be at Sweet Sue's in Phoenicia, at say 9:30AM (Sat. 18 Aug.) for a little breakfast. Perhaps you can meet us there. I will PM you with my cell number. After we leave Phoenicia, we can head towards Mass. and maybe meet up with jmarran.

jmarran,

I will PM you as well with my cell number.

Randy/Bill,

Nice to hear from you. We'll keep you posted.

Jim
I just rode past Sweet Sue's about half an hour ago. There was an '05 parked out front with no bags. I didn't have time to stop and see who owned it because I am working today and was just out for a little lunch time ride. If I'm still in town around 9:30 Saturday I'll cut through Phoenicia and look for you guys on my way to Jersey.

It was great meeting Jim and Iris, here are a few pics!

At the coffee shop when we met up:

1182070401_aa013b8f87_b.jpg

In Great Barrington when we spit up:

1182931562_dbf75c6d47_b.jpg

At Bash Bish Falls where we walked up:

1182081465_7c33388e64_b.jpg

I can't wait to get together again with you guys. Maybe then I can wear down the left peg to match the right one!

It was nice meeting you John. It was a great day and we had a great time. Nice pics! Sorry we weren't able to log-in more miles before we had to depart. Looking forward to it again. Perhaps we can get a few more FJR Northeasterners to join in.

Jim

Yeah, we had fun meeting you. We'll have to get together again and add some more miles.

-Iris

Jim

8/18?, ...I will try to keep that day open for this, got to go on more of these planned out trips - I had tooo good of a time on Fri the 13th (of June)...

-> Not sure what you meant by 60 degres though???

FJR Jon

Jim
8/18?, ...I will try to keep that day open for this, got to go on more of these planned out trips - I had tooo good of a time on Fri the 13th (of June)...

-> Not sure what you meant by 60 degres though???

FJR Jon
You might want to check the original post date for this thread :dribble: