Admore harness with FJR adapter is a NO go for 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prestone

Reaction score
Like the title says I tried installing the admore kit with the fjr1300 gen2/3 adapter on my 2016ES and it was a no go. I had the kit installed on my 2013 and everything was plug and play. The plugs that you hook it up to on the factory harness are different. Has anybody else experienced this yet ?

I guess the all new LED's got new harness plugs too. Have you thought of tapping into the harness?

I would not trust myself tapping into the factory harness. I think i will just wait Admore to come out with a new kit. I just wanted to let anyone else know who was thinking about doing the same thing as me.

I would not trust myself tapping into the factory harness. I think i will just wait Admore to come out with a new kit. I just wanted to let anyone else know who was thinking about doing the same thing as me.
If they're coming out with a new kit, then that would be the way to go. I've used these (Posi-Taps) with great success, and they don't require stripping the wire casing https://www.posi-products.com/posiplug.html
Just a thought.

"if" is the key word. I will get some picture posted later tonight. I will need to take it apart again. Marty, the guy who bought my 13 lives in Skokie. Maybe you will be seeing him around. He rides with Windy City Desi Riders group( WCDR). He said their are 4 other fjr's in his group.

I'd wait until admore came out with a harness. I have no desire to positap my harness, though it is the best way if you have no plug and play option. I just installed the plug and play version on my '14 yesterday. Very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd bet some money that if one of you guys donated your bike to Admore for a few hours, you'd get a great deal on a new harness. It seems they like to stay on top of stuff, but with members barely getting hands on their new 16s, what do you think Admore's chances of having one to match are?

If I had a '16, wanted a harness, and was within 300 miles, I'd call them and offer to ride over. Just sayin'

I emailed them and they asked me to take some pictures of the new factory harness plugs. I just have not got back around to takeing it appart again. Prolly get to it in the morning.