Advice for cold weather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your attempts at cleverness are lukewarm at best.

See what I did there??
biggrin.png

Jackasses!!

Aw crap...I reached my "Like" limit. Jasen deserved one and I failed miserably. This quota thing is a hot topic. I'm sure people would warm up to having the ability to like more. Unless they are just cold-blooded meanies.

Ha! :fuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't wear glasses except for rare occasions, preferring contacts. I don't wear my glass (rayban) sunglasses in cooler months, using oakleys if I'm wearing shades at all. But I will say that nothing compares to pinloc. Installed properly, it's amazing. I've used it for years, and I simply don't get fogging under any circumstance. Sometimes, in the low 20's or below, I'll get a tiny bit of icing inside the helmet right in front of my nose, but even then, no fogging and nothing up where I'm looking at the road. I fogrget how bad fogging is until I swap into one of my non-pinloc helmets, and then I remember the combination of inconvenient and dangerous that is the demon fog. It can have a chiling effect on the ride.

Big Sky posted: <clipped> One among many things I learned: Face shields will fog inside as you continually wipe away snow accumulating on your face shield.
Seriously, that's one of the worst aspects of winter riding around here: when high humidity coupled with cool air fogs the visor and the glasses. I wash and clean lenses religiously, but often to little effect.

When you can't see, it doesn't much matter if you're cold.

Last edited by a moderator: