AE Wont Shift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humboldtfjrz

Reaction score
07 AE, , i left the key on, first mistake , tried to jump start , probably my second mistake, and then pulled out the batt , bench charge and now it wont shift. checked all the fuses they are good, its in first gear and i cant get the paddle shift or the foot shift to work ? i have 12 v now and the green light comes on for the AE but i get no E shift. i do have a check eng light and ' Shift" next to it ? can i check codes and can i clear them? my bike is about 150 miles from any service. what shale i try first? i will be back to her on Thursday so i have time to get some ideas before i get there. thanks FJR family

When you say green light are you referring to the indicator light by the paddle shifter on the handlebars or the neutral indicator on the instrument dash??

Push the lever with the rubber cap on in just forward of the left side panel. (The panel with the FJR on it) that will get you to neutral. Then straddle the bike and walk it back a bit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read on the NeenerNet (so it must be true) that this

300670005245.jpg

helps when your AE won't shit.

Radio H , that worked I took two , sat on the pot and thought about what I was doing wrong, manually shifted back to " N" got it started and when you put the kick stand up :) it shifts fine , thanks for all the help guys , I now know how to retrieve codes :) live and learn!

Latest posts