Aerostich Bun-Warmer saddle heater

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bull

Reaction score
Hi folks

Just a quick report on the aerostich bunwarmer saddle heater. If you live anywhere you might use a heated liner in your jacket, then I'd say check this out too:

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Bun-Warmer-p-19520.html

For all you guys who live in roasty toasty climates already .......... you can bugger off! :D

I installed one on the feej last week and ......... hmmmm, it's nice to be riding in the early season and getting the old chestnuts toasted with minus 2 celcius showing on the display (I don't know what this is converted to MPH for you stateside dudes - but water freezes at zero celcius so you work it out from there)

It took less than an hour to skin the saddle, install the pad (the smaller of the two options fits the Feej nicely), then another 45 mins to afix the switch (conveniently just under the now toasty left buttock) then another 15 to route the wiring.

If I were to do it all again, I'd route it through a heat-troller since once it gets up to cooking temperature, it is maybe just a tad too warm for optimal, continuous use comfort.

For those of you who don't mind having a go with your stock seats, I'd say it's as easy as performing an oil change.... and at under a hundred $, I'd rate it as good value, well made, and the visible, lit switch is nicely finished and looks sweet on the bike. Other than that, it's an invisible install.

my final word - is here in BC, Canukistan, on the shoulder season, the darien liner, plus heated grips, plus the bun warmer ......... and now the world is looking rosey!

Bull

Hi folks
Just a quick report on the aerostich bunwarmer saddle heater. If you live anywhere you might use a heated liner in your jacket, then I'd say check this out too:

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Bun-Warmer-p-19520.html

For all you guys who live in roasty toasty climates already .......... you can bugger off! :D

I installed one on the feej last week and ......... hmmmm, it's nice to be riding in the early season and getting the old chestnuts toasted with minus 2 celcius showing on the display (I don't know what this is converted to MPH for you stateside dudes - but water freezes at zero celcius so you work it out from there)

It took less than an hour to skin the saddle, install the pad (the smaller of the two options fits the Feej nicely), then another 45 mins to afix the switch (conveniently just under the now toasty left buttock) then another 15 to route the wiring.

If I were to do it all again, I'd route it through a heat-troller since once it gets up to cooking temperature, it is maybe just a tad too warm for optimal, continuous use comfort.

For those of you who don't mind having a go with your stock seats, I'd say it's as easy as performing an oil change.... and at under a hundred $, I'd rate it as good value, well made, and the visible, lit switch is nicely finished and looks sweet on the bike. Other than that, it's an invisible install.

my final word - is here in BC, Canukistan, on the shoulder season, the darien liner, plus heated grips, plus the bun warmer ......... and now the world is looking rosey!

Bull

Hey Bull

Great accessory. I have been looking for something like this without having to pay for a whole new seat.

How was the install? Any gotchas getting the factory seat fabric off and back on?

Did you buy the small or large unit?

Bull, the webpage says it can be got with an adjustable intermediate controller. Do you have this feature and does it work? Also, do the heatpads come in a set of two or is that per pad? Thanks for the info ;) , PM. <><

How was the install? Any gotchas getting the factory seat fabric off and back on?

Hi Winterpeg - I used something like a letter-opener - it had a pointy front end but was flat with rounded edges. If you don't bother with the 'rounded edges' thing, you'll nip the fabric. Make sure you have a good stapler and the right length of replacement staples prior to launch. The original factory skin isn't glued on - so it comes off gently and easily.

the small one fits just perfectly. My wife told me I'd better get the LARGER one since I have a larger arse - but the regular pad fits the feejer saddle.

I also covered the heat pad with three layers of very thin closed cell foam - just to make sure it would be hidden once fitted - then topped with the original vinyl. This smoothed out the contours - otherwise, you'd notice the sillouette of the insert. If you like, PM me your e-mail and I can send you a picture of the switch installation - looks really cool when all is said and done.

ride safe - Bull

PS - How's the weather there? - I'll be heading into WPG day after tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull, the webpage says it can be got with an adjustable intermediate controller. Do you have this feature and does it work? Also, do the heatpads come in a set of two or is that per pad? Thanks for the info ;) , PM. <><

Hi Painman - the units come just one at a time. I ride mostly one up - so I just bought the smaller of the two, for the rider saddle portion. I didn't fit the intermediate controller - but I think I probably will in the future. It is toasty - and really nice when it's on - but I think it would be even nicer if I could set it incrementally.

Hi Winterpeg - I used something like a letter-opener - it had a pointy front end but was flat with rounded edges. If you don't bother with the 'rounded edges' thing, you'll nip the fabric. Make sure you have a good stapler and the right length of replacement staples prior to launch. The original factory skin isn't glued on - so it comes off gently and easily.

the small one fits just perfectly. My wife told me I'd better get the LARGER one since I have a larger arse - but the regular pad fits the feejer saddle.

I also covered the heat pad with three layers of very thin closed cell foam - just to make sure it would be hidden once fitted - then topped with the original vinyl. This smoothed out the contours - otherwise, you'd notice the sillouette of the insert. If you like, PM me your e-mail and I can send you a picture of the switch installation - looks really cool when all is said and done.

ride safe - Bull

PS - How's the weather there? - I'll be heading into WPG day after tomorrow
Thanks for the info.. Will PM you for the PIC.

Weather blows.. Bring your parka..